Bought a 3DS - But Didn't See Any Good Games

#1NealPPosted 8/11/2011 8:57:28 PM
Well, I just bought a 3DS and didn't really see any games at the store that I wanted.

Can anyone suggest a game either physical media or on the eShop t buy? - It Can be a carry-over from the DSi shop, that's cool.

Also how is the brightness of the backlight on the 3DS compared to the DS/DS Lite/DSi ?
---
In truth we are all addicted to one type of game or another. One's manliness should not and can not be gauged by the types of games he plays. www.spyroworld.net
#2darkqueenhelbaPosted 8/11/2011 8:58:33 PM
Eshop- Dragon Quest Wars if you like strategy games.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#3SquareSidePosted 8/11/2011 9:00:32 PM
Uh, as far as games... Ocarina of Time 3D? LULZ. I got Mario vs Donkey Kong: March of the Minis from the eShop. It's pretty fun. Other than that I suggest you check some of the more well known DS games and start playing them on the 3DS. CIRCLE PAD REPRESENT YO!

I think the brightness levels are higher than the others. I keep mine on 2.
---
PSN/XBL - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who saved a buck.
#4lambchipsPosted 8/11/2011 9:00:45 PM
i really enjoyed samurai warriors chronicles (its the first in the series i fully enjoyed and invest time in)
^ its only really for people that links grinding for randomly generated loot though, so if you dont like playing missions over and over for loot/improving relationship with other generals i would avoid it
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#5PinchekriaPosted 8/11/2011 9:01:26 PM
eShop:
Strategy Defense

Retail:
Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D
---
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5158-0636 Xbox Live/PSN: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#6QuinnandGoblinPosted 8/11/2011 9:03:46 PM
For 3DS, your best bets are along the lines of:

Zelda OOT
SSF4
DOA Dimensions
Ridge Racer
Pilotwings
Ghost Recon
Lego Star Wars 3
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

VC i can recommend Lets Golf 3d (if you like mario golf or hot shots golf), as well as zelda links awakening and donkey kong 94 (top notch game and well worth the small asking price).
#7derekfishbowlPosted 8/11/2011 9:04:08 PM
Retail: Zelda and Street Fighter. If on sale for $20, then check out Steel Diver, Pilotwings, and Rayman 3D (if you haven't played Rayman 2 yet).

Download: Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong, Let's Golf 3D
#8KorlithielPosted 8/11/2011 9:14:30 PM(edited)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - I love this game, in part because I preordered it and got the soundtrack. It's an excellent remake of one of the best games I've ever played, with an added challenge of the Master Quest mode thrown in, easily the best game on the system.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - Quite enjoyable with friends, either local or online play. Pretty decent solo play and online with strangers, if it wasn't marred by the inability to delete you save I would definitely highly recommend.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles - For a launch title it's excellent. Fairly enjoyable storyline, some additional content via spotpass, weak social interaction via streetpass, but in all a solid game.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - It was originally slated as a DS title and then changed late in the development cycle to be a launch title for the 3DS, and it shows. From the visuals to the nearly complete lack of support for 3DS system features leaves it feeling uninspired, and losing on most missions should you lose a single unit, combined with enemies that on levels will attack when they would obviously die just to ensure you lose makes for an unappealing experience at times. Still, as the only 3DS strategy title (at least at the time) and easily found cheaply I recommend you consider it.

I've also owned, but cannot recommend:
Steel Diver - Lacking physical controls really starts to get to me at times. That aside there isn't much content to the game, and the 3D depth is poorly used (the level designs left me feeling like I was crawling through a pipe).

Pilotwings: Resort - Only bit about the game I enjoyed was the free roam mode, but as it was limited to something ridiculously short like 2 minutes I quickly lost interest in the title. It's neat, but low content and appeal make it a bad choice.

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - Very short to get 100% without a guide, and overly easy. For a lego game it's surprisingly well done though.

From the DS I highly recommend Pokemon White or Black. Both are solid, and while they don't maximize the 3DS features they do an excellent job showing off what the DS had to offer.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on.
#9NealP(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2011 9:28:43 PM
Not really interested in Zelda: OoT

Had it for N64

And had both the Collector's Edition and MasterQuest versions for GameCube.

To buy the same game for a fourth time seems ... overkill.
---
In truth we are all addicted to one type of game or another. One's manliness should not and can not be gauged by the types of games he plays. www.spyroworld.net
#10Baha05Posted 8/11/2011 9:30:38 PM
NealP posted...
Not really interested in Zelda: OoT

Had it for N64

And had both the Collector's Edition and MasterQuest versions for GameCube.

To buy the same game for a fourth time seems ... overkill.

2nd time, you don't really "Buy" the Gamecube versions unless you are lucky to buy them used