Launch day buyers...has the "newness feeling" worn off already for you?

#1ShadowkhNinjaPosted 8/12/2011 2:04:55 AM
you know when you buy a new electronic product it keeps a new feeling for the first few months that you have it.
you clean it every day, are careful of scratching it and treat it like its god.
Then after a few months you treat it the same way you treat your older stuff and you might not always clean it, care about scratches etc..

Mine is just starting to lose the newness feeling for me and I have had it since launch day.

How about you?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjOZZi3TC8
^ If you're a gamer then check out our official anthem!!!
#2gamezrochardPosted 8/12/2011 2:09:07 AM
Dropped it for the first time today. Well, it was in my lap, and I stood up and it hit concrete. Felt super scared, but oh well. I'm sending it into nintendo soon anyways. The touch screen bumps collide with the top screen, screwing up the whole thing. Like, a square shaped scratch alone my upper screen. When it comes back, I'm sure the spark will come back.
---
Don't you hate when you insult a little kid, and they actually insult back?
"This is me waiting, and this is me waiting on drugs, HURRY THE F*** UP!"
#3trizznillaPosted 8/12/2011 2:17:28 AM
The newness of the 3D has worn off, but the system itself keeps me playing it. I use the browser a lot, the game notes as a grocery list, the 3D camera. Pandora and youtube apps would make my day.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#4GoldenSun3DSPosted 8/12/2011 2:20:33 AM
Yes.
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs *Please make this your sig*
#5Killeryoshi8Posted 8/12/2011 2:23:20 AM
trizznilla posted...
The newness of the 3D has worn off, but the system itself keeps me playing it. I use the browser a lot, the game notes as a grocery list, the 3D camera. Pandora and youtube apps would make my day.

There are thousands of apps for phones to make grocery lists, and you make one on the 3DS?

I really recommend doing it on a smartphone, because you always carry one with you anyway.
---
Beat Hazard Ultra
#6lambchipsPosted 8/12/2011 2:23:24 AM
lol, i had that feeling for 2 days... then i started putting stickers on it and modding the battery (basically taking the old one out and installing a new one

i also tried my flash carts on it, and still continue to do it after every update
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#7trizznillaPosted 8/12/2011 2:28:33 AM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
trizznilla posted...

There are thousands of apps for phones to make grocery lists, and you make one on the 3DS?

I really recommend doing it on a smartphone, because you always carry one with you anyway.

But I'm not much for smartphones. My phone is just a phonecall/text msg thingee for me.
That Sony Ericson phone may change me into smartphone believer, however.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#8ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 2:32:38 AM
lambchips posted...
lol, i had that feeling for 2 days... then i started putting stickers on it and modding the battery (basically taking the old one out and installing a new one

i also tried my flash carts on it, and still continue to do it after every update

^ flash carts?

isn't that a little risky?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjOZZi3TC8
^ If you're a gamer then check out our official anthem!!!
#9BitentiliPosted 8/12/2011 2:33:12 AM(edited)
Playing Rayman in 3D launch day was quite a surreal experience for me, simply loved it.

That was then, this is now. I don't have time to worry about whether or not my 3DS still feels new to me, I play it when I want to.
---
Not changing this signature until I can think of something better to put as a signature. Started March 20, 2011
#10raymanfan1Posted 8/12/2011 2:39:35 AM
gamezrochard posted...
Dropped it for the first time today. Well, it was in my lap, and I stood up and it hit concrete. Felt super scared, but oh well. I'm sending it into nintendo soon anyways. The touch screen bumps collide with the top screen, screwing up the whole thing. Like, a square shaped scratch alone my upper screen. When it comes back, I'm sure the spark will come back.

Umm... that design flaw affects every 3DS that I know of. If you expect Nintendo to fix that problem, then you are essentially asking them to fix a (bad) intended design choise.
---
Hey, you, your humanity, decency, and rational thinking are showing.
PUT THAT AWAY. It's not allowed here.