Will nintendo own the holiday season again?

#1kyomagiPosted 8/12/2011 7:28:20 AM
Here is my thoughts, and i'll get this out of the way, I am no major "fanboy" I owned a wii, i owned a 360 and i own a 3ds and ps3. I plan on getting a Vita when its released. I am a gamer in general

Releasing Mario and Mario Kart in Nov and Dec, as well as Skyward Sword was a smart move, along with the price drop, i think Nintendo has a solid line up for the Christmas season. Now if they release kid icarus this year i think it would be total domination.
#2hydra_dragonPosted 8/12/2011 7:29:10 AM
Yes, even more so that Vita won't be there.
---
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.
#3nintendoggerPosted 8/12/2011 7:30:33 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that they will.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#4FayeLadyPosted 8/12/2011 7:31:01 AM
Depends on what type of bundle/advertising they do. The fact that they are selling for less than the consoles now should help a lot.
---
#5MarkMiltonPosted 8/12/2011 7:37:13 AM
well, by default the 3DS will be the hottest HARDWARE this holiday season. the price drop (which made me a buyer) plus the guaranteed sales of pretty much anything titled "Mario" will make this the go-to purchase for parents wanting to get their kids the newest thing.

however, all the talk is going to be about MW3.... with Battlefield 3 being a close second. there is no denying the shooter market is king, and the CoD fanboys are gonna buy anything Activision sells them. though, being a Battlefield fanboy myself, the only game i've had my sights on all year is BF3, to hell with Zelda, Mario and CoD!
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton
#6andizzle29662Posted 8/12/2011 7:37:34 AM
TC Im with you. I own every console except for a psp which i did had but traded it in because there was nothing really to play on it. I will get vita also. I have to say im a nintendo fanboy but not a closed minded one. I think nintendo will have a great holiday season, and dont forget kirby return to dreamland with 4 player co op and rayman orgins. Also, mario and sonic at the london games and call of duty modern warfare 3. On ds you got professor layton and super fossil fighters. A great season for nintendo for sure:)
---
Support Nintendo power! my 3ds fc is 4854-6458-9453
#7BlackPhoenix127Posted 8/12/2011 8:07:53 AM
Personally I think the 3DS will be popular with more than just kids. There was a thread a while back asking the ages of the users here and most of us were around the 16-23 ish range I believe. I'd say there is going to be plenty for the core gamer as well.

Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus
Dead or Alive
Street Fighter
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Starfox
Cave Story
Metal Gear Solid 3D
Resident Evil Mercenaries

Yeah, things are looking good for the holidays.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#8cadmasterPosted 8/12/2011 8:11:25 AM
Media has done enough damage and warn consumer the too much 3d will damage the kids eye. Parent will trust the news media and say NO to 3DS.
---
Game Collection - http://backloggery.com/scourdx
Game Photos - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v27/scourdx/collection/
#9CapnStankyPosted 8/12/2011 8:11:42 AM
They didn't own last holiday. Nor will they own this one. Especially not with Uncharted 3, Gears, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Saints Row 3, Rage etc all not being available for Nintendo handhelds and consoles.
#10strongo9Posted 8/12/2011 8:14:24 AM
^Nobody really owns the holiday season. They're just successful during it or not. Nintendo was very successful last year and I think they will be again. The price drops on all Nintendo systems and the release of several 1st party titles will garner a lot of sales.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!