Game picking help

#1AceGamer11xPosted 8/12/2011 7:58:18 AM
I need a game that comes out sorta soon and can last long and be fun. Right now i think my best bets are starfox or pokemon rumble blast, I won't be able to get another game until christmas, And im getting my 3DS on september ninth and thats when starfox comes out. I've played starfox 64 but I never beat it 100%, I've played pokemon rumble and it was fun for half of the game.
So...yeah.
---
Iku ze!
#2AceGamer11x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 8:10:19 AM
Or should I just get a bunch of games from the eshop?
---
Flameing red 3DS here I come!
#3Hagane007Posted 8/12/2011 8:54:39 AM
If you think you could enjoy a Strategy JRPG and you haven't played Devil Survivor on the DS, then get Devil Survivor: Overclocked on the 23rd of this month.

They've added an extra day to each ending, and there are 7 endings if I recall correctly (although 2 of them are practically identical). More demons (Pokémen essentially) have also been added (mainly ones from the Strange Journey SMT DS game) as well as voice acting and other mechanics (better graphics?).

That's all that has interested me so far for the 3DS... And I've already gotten all the endings finished on the DS version. >_<
---
][ Q9450 @3.6GHz ][ DFI Blood Iron P35 ][ 8GB Patriot DDR2-6400 ][
][PNY GTX 570 1280MB][6400AAKS/5000AAKS/1001FALS/20EARS][
#4Demon_Hunter94Posted 8/12/2011 8:59:58 AM
I would either get Starfox or Link's Awakening on the eShop.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Dallas Stars Win the Cup
Started 7/10/11
#5AceGamer11x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 10:20:46 AM
I like those kind of games, but my dad wouldnt let me get it a the sight of the word "devil" :(
---
#6AceGamer11x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 10:22:32 AM
And I've beaten links awakening on my bro's 3DS.
---
#7theshovellerPosted 8/12/2011 10:31:24 AM
AceGamer11x posted...
I like those kind of games, but my dad wouldnt let me get it a the sight of the word "devil" :(

I feel for you. I had a friend back in high school that missed out on the awesomeness of Devil May Cry and Xenogears just because "In one, you play the devil! The other, someone's a slayer of god!" The only things I can recommend in using as an argument is:

1. Explain to your father the concept of "devils" in Japanese folklore and such.
2. Explain that you play the GOOD guy, not the "devil."
3. It's a game, and it's just telling a story. Star Wars doesn't mean there's really people out there in space throwing stuff with their minds, and there's no planet called Middle Earth where elves and hobbits fight against evil wizards and monsters.

But definitely weigh the arguments before using them - if you don't think your dad goes for it because he hasn't in the past, then don't worry about it. You can also play the "I'm getting older, I think I can distinguish fantasy from reality" card. Whatever you do, though, do NOT insult his beliefs - that's a sure way to lose an argument with that subject.
#8AceGamer11x(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 10:43:10 AM
Sounds like it should work, Thanks. :)
---