Why don't devs

#1connundrumPosted 8/12/2011 9:13:55 AM
Make games like 007 Goldeneye and Perfect Dark 64 anymore. Not those games but games of that style. Most every shooter today overemphasizes multiplayer and has very bland and unimaginative single player. I would like to see more content and extras in singleplayer. I may have overlooked some titles but i don't see why singleplayer is dying out in shooters

Just my thoughts.
#2OmegaZero633Posted 8/12/2011 9:18:24 AM
Timesplitters 2 for PS2. o.o

If you liked Goldeneye, try it.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#3Untitled108Posted 8/12/2011 9:21:21 AM
This topic is rather irrelevent, wouldn't you say?
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#4BraveAdolPosted 8/12/2011 9:25:44 AM
They did, it was called Bulletstorm
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#5ORANGE666Posted 8/12/2011 9:30:28 AM
connundrum posted...
Make games like 007 Goldeneye and Perfect Dark 64 anymore. Not those games but games of that style. Most every shooter today overemphasizes multiplayer and has very bland and unimaginative single player. I would like to see more content and extras in singleplayer. I may have overlooked some titles but i don't see why singleplayer is dying out in shooters

Just my thoughts.

Shooter means both FPS and TPS. TPS are better than ever.

Other than games like Halo and Bioshock, FPS are getting worse and worse. This is because the type of FPS being made now are the only ones that will garner sales. America loves FPS and online, so American companies will make games that people want. I have no idea what kind of FPS there are from Japan, but if there are any, they're probably more like the ones you will like.
#6BraveAdolPosted 8/12/2011 9:46:30 AM
Well as far as Japanese games go, try Earth Defense Force
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#7NyyarkPosted 8/12/2011 9:50:53 AM
No one mentions the Metroid Prime games?
#8theshovellerPosted 8/12/2011 9:54:43 AM
Nyyark posted...
No one mentions the Metroid Prime games?

While I thought they were great, they were still hit-or-miss, a bit less hit-or-miss than Other M, but they still drove some fans from the base.

I agree that way too many people focus on multiplayer and trying to cram it into everything and everything nowadays, and it just doesn't always work. I like co-op as much as the next guy, but it's not always needed. Same thing with competitive multiplayer.