Gamestop Sale -- Game Recommendations

#1ShinyMasamunePosted 8/12/2011 11:17:19 AM
I'll be trading in my DSLite today for a cheap 3DS at Gamestop and I'm wondering what I should pick up for my first game.

My thoughts on the issue:
Pilotwings Resort -- loved Pilotwings and Pilotwings 64 growing up; I'm pretty stoked they rebooted the franchise.

Street Fighter 4 -- This seems to be probably the best game on the system right now and I've heard it plays solid. Any input on how the online is?

Ocarina of Time -- I love this game and it'd be cool to play it remastered -- but I already own it in three different formats already. I'll probably pass unless there's new content or something.

Resident Evil: Mercs -- Loved this mode in both RE4 and RE5. Is it worth it to get a whole new game based off that minigame?

I'm also looking forward to Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Super Mario 3DS and others -- but they are far off in the future.

Any other recommendations? I generally like adventure/platformers, puzzle games and RPGs.
---
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame, Viewtiful Joe, Dragon Quest IX
Recently Finished: Spirit Tracks, Star Ocean: The Last Hope
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 8/12/2011 11:20:03 AM
Nothing 3DS only for me to recommend in those genre's. You'll probably be very happy with PilotWings Resort, though I really don't recall any positive or negative talk from previous PilotWings fans.....
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#3hydra_dragonPosted 8/12/2011 11:25:50 AM
Nothing really.
---
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.
#4strongo9Posted 8/12/2011 11:29:22 AM
Are any the three different versions of Ocarina of Time the Master Quest version? If you haven't played that before I would say OoT 3D is worth picking up again. Maybe wait until it's cheaper.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#5ZanimarPosted 8/12/2011 11:30:01 AM
I'd say Zelda, but only because that's gonna be my first one as well when I get my 3DS in a couple weeks. I know there is a Bust-a-Move game on the 3DS if you like that type of puzzle game. Other than that, I don't really know, just look up videos and grab the games that look really fun to you. ^_^
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#6Spiffy247Posted 8/12/2011 11:30:47 AM
I suggest you look op Samurai Warriors Chronicles on youtube and see if you'd like it.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.