Gamestop Sale -- Game Recommendations

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop Sale -- Game Recommendations

User Info: ShinyMasamune

ShinyMasamune
5 years ago#1
I'll be trading in my DSLite today for a cheap 3DS at Gamestop and I'm wondering what I should pick up for my first game.

My thoughts on the issue:
Pilotwings Resort -- loved Pilotwings and Pilotwings 64 growing up; I'm pretty stoked they rebooted the franchise.

Street Fighter 4 -- This seems to be probably the best game on the system right now and I've heard it plays solid. Any input on how the online is?

Ocarina of Time -- I love this game and it'd be cool to play it remastered -- but I already own it in three different formats already. I'll probably pass unless there's new content or something.

Resident Evil: Mercs -- Loved this mode in both RE4 and RE5. Is it worth it to get a whole new game based off that minigame?

I'm also looking forward to Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Super Mario 3DS and others -- but they are far off in the future.

Any other recommendations? I generally like adventure/platformers, puzzle games and RPGs.
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame, Viewtiful Joe, Dragon Quest IX
Recently Finished: Spirit Tracks, Star Ocean: The Last Hope

User Info: MicroOmegaMan

MicroOmegaMan
5 years ago#2
Nothing 3DS only for me to recommend in those genre's. You'll probably be very happy with PilotWings Resort, though I really don't recall any positive or negative talk from previous PilotWings fans.....
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,

User Info: hydradragon

hydradragon
5 years ago#3
Nothing really.
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
5 years ago#4
Are any the three different versions of Ocarina of Time the Master Quest version? If you haven't played that before I would say OoT 3D is worth picking up again. Maybe wait until it's cheaper.
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!

User Info: Zanimar

Zanimar
5 years ago#5
I'd say Zelda, but only because that's gonna be my first one as well when I get my 3DS in a couple weeks. I know there is a Bust-a-Move game on the 3DS if you like that type of puzzle game. Other than that, I don't really know, just look up videos and grab the games that look really fun to you. ^_^
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!

User Info: Spiffy247

Spiffy247
5 years ago#6
I suggest you look op Samurai Warriors Chronicles on youtube and see if you'd like it.
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop Sale -- Game Recommendations

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived