Do you keep your 3DS in sleep mode or turned off?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/12/2011 11:17:50 AM
It seems like Nintendo wants us to keep it on and in sleep mode so we can get various updates, etc. but that leads to always putting it on the cradle or plugging it in directly to keep the battery from draining too much since wifi is active during sleep.

Couldn't this lead to a quicker loss in battery life if it's always re-charging? I've always preferred to use my batteries to around 25% remaining before charging them but maybe I need to ditch that philosophy...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2Hoffy_Posted 8/12/2011 11:19:06 AM
I leave it on to get the updates, but it dies in like 4 days, which is pretty pathetic.
---
Currently playing: Catherine, Yakuza 4, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#3pariah164Posted 8/12/2011 11:20:20 AM
If you turn it off, won't it seek out and get updates when you next turn it on?
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until Legend of Dragoon is released as a PSOne Classic in the US!
#4Supergamecube14Posted 8/12/2011 11:20:53 AM
I keep it in sleep mode on the cradle when its not in use, sleep mode in my pocket on the go.
---
http://dptrade.proboards91.com/index.cgi For PKMN Wi-Fi
#5hydra_dragonPosted 8/12/2011 11:22:44 AM
It goes off, unless I'm going to the store or something to get street/spot pass.
---
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 11:24:07 AM
pariah164 posted...
If you turn it off, won't it seek out and get updates when you next turn it on?

Well things like the Nintendo Video channel, which I'm considering ditching anyhow, only get updates when the system is left in sleep mode. It won't do a manual update when you simply power it back up. Not sure about other updates though...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#7lambchipsPosted 8/12/2011 11:25:25 AM
mine has never been turned off since launch...
if something goes wrong with the battery i'll just replace it with a new one
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#8fallenKlNGPosted 8/12/2011 11:28:05 AM
I just turn it off. I can get any update I need when I turn it back on later, and I don't see the point in draining the batteries. I could keep it constantly charging, but I'm sure that slowly drains the battery life and the charger will always draw electricity from the outlet even if it's not charging the 3DS. I'd prefer to conserve the electricity.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#9Omega_BlackPosted 8/12/2011 1:35:31 PM
A mix of both.

If it still has a good charge, I turn it off.

If the battery is running low, I put it in the cradle in sleep mode and let it seek out any updates.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#10goothgone514Posted 8/12/2011 1:36:49 PM
off
---
Bad Meets Evil - Hell: The Sequel