I got one today. Now what?

#21fallenKlNGPosted 8/12/2011 12:01:30 PM
There's not much now, but in the future we will have:

Super Mario 3D Land ( *points at sig* )
Mario Kart 7
Starfox (Do a barrel roll!)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (Who ya gonna call? MAAAAAARIO!!!!)
Layton vs. Phoenix (OBJECTION! This reminds me of a puzzle!)
Metal Gear Solid (Snake! SNAAAKE! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!)
Animal Crossing
Kingdom Hearts (anyone notice how Pluto is a pet dog, but Goofy, who's also a dog, can walk and talk?)
Kid Icarus (The fight is on!!!!)

Let me know if I forgot anything mentionable. We'll inevitably get Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pokemon (the actual adventure & battle type, not Mystery Dungeon), and a new Zelda in the distant future.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#22Moukaryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 12:18:16 PM
I would like to see them stop remaking old games and use the hardware to its fullest potential. I bought this one for my wife, and I'll likely get a red one later. I just worry that like most Nintendo consoles now, great games will be few and far between while shovelware will rule the library. When the right developers get their hands on this hardware, something incredible will happen. It's just too bad that Nintendo themselves don't release more unique titles to boost the library.
---
Anonymity has brought online gaming to the brink of unplayability, and stat tracking kicked it over the edge.
#23niels200683Posted 8/12/2011 12:42:25 PM
Gurue26 posted...
I would like to see them stop remaking old games and use the hardware to its fullest potential. I bought this one for my wife, and I'll likely get a red one later. I just worry that like most Nintendo consoles now, great games will be few and far between while shovelware will rule the library. When the right developers get their hands on this hardware, something incredible will happen. It's just too bad that Nintendo themselves don't release more unique titles to boost the library.

Joke post?

I can easily list over 150 great titles for either Wii or DS. (that's over 300 total) - and that's just from the titles I own: who knows how many great games I haven't even discovered yet on these platforms!

... on the other hand, I could easily list over 150 great titles on PS3 I own or want to own too...
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#24Moukaryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 4:12:25 PM
I'm guessing you didn't grow up in the NES or SNES days when incredible games were a dime a dozen because 3rd party titles were just as good as Nintendo efforts? That's what I mean when I say that great titles are few and far between now on Nintendo consoles. There are very few games worth owning on the Wii that weren't made by Nintendo, in my opinion. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario games are all a no brainer, but what's left after that? Not much. Just a bunch of party games or shovelware with half ass attempts at motion control "innovation". Sorry, that doesn't cut it. The Wii U doesn't impress me yet either because I haven't seen anything from Nintendo that makes me believe the pattern will be changing.

I have owned all of Nintendos consoles (sometimes more than once), but since the SNES, it's been the same deal: fewer games and even fewer still worth owning. I keep hoping for a change in policy, but Iwata seems more interested in "innovation" than creating top quality hardware that will exceed expectations and keep developers interested in making more than a half hearted effort at developing long-lived titles. Even the 3DS, with its impressive hardware, hasn't shown me (yet) that there are more than a handful of decent games on the way. Yes, I bought it, and I'll buy another one for myself, because I remain hopeful. But that doesn't change industry history over the last 10 years. Nintendo is falling behind and if they don't do something, they're going to lose the entire market to Sony and Microsoft, and I think we can all agree that would be a great loss.
---
Anonymity has brought online gaming to the brink of unplayability, and stat tracking kicked it over the edge.