I preordered a Red 3DS and Star Fox 64 3D....

#1EternalNetherPosted 8/12/2011 1:00:05 PM
Now what? Waiting was never my strong point, and September 9th is a long way off...

*Fetal position*
---
Intel i5 2500 I Sabertooth P67 I 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw X Series RAM I Nvidia GTX 460 Hawk I Seasonic X 650w I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB I CM Storm Scout
#2Tachikoma911Posted 8/12/2011 1:08:31 PM
Imagine how many times you're gonna have to take a dump before September 9th. You'll have to take a lot of crap before you get your 3DS.
---
Curb Your Enthusiasm. Platinums = 66 PSN: Garigandeljey
#3Happy Mask ManPosted 8/12/2011 1:09:11 PM
Do you have anything else to play in the meantime?
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#4theshovellerPosted 8/12/2011 1:10:33 PM
Wait a week and a half, buy Deus Ex, then wonder how it became the 9th so quickly.
#5Tachikoma911Posted 8/12/2011 1:12:51 PM
*Thinks about Deus Ex and drools*
---
Curb Your Enthusiasm. Platinums = 66 PSN: Garigandeljey
#6EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 1:17:27 PM
Anything else to play? Well let me see.....

Phantasy Star Portable 2
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblvion
Fallout 3 Game of the Year
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II
Overlord
Overlord II
Darksiders
Deus Ex 1
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Just Cause
Just Cause II
Battlefield Bad Company II
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Diablo 2
Dragon Age Origins
Portal
The Witcher
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall
Grandia
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Ratchet and Clank Size Matters
Two Worlds
Bully
Grand Theft Auto IV

Nope, nothing to play at all. I'm insanely bored out of my mind. *Resumes fetal position*
---
Intel i5 2500 I Sabertooth P67 I 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw X Series RAM I Nvidia GTX 460 Hawk I Seasonic X 650w I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB I CM Storm Scout
#7Shadowmaster_MPosted 8/12/2011 1:18:44 PM
Select the nearest sturdy wall (and it must be sturdy, that's essential), position yourself about 20ft away from it, bend over so that the top of your skull is perpendicular with the wall, and run as fast as you can.

When you awaken, it should be the 9th and you can play Star Fox while you recover.
---
Das Feuer liebt mich.
Das Feuer liebt mich nicht.
#8Tachikoma911Posted 8/12/2011 1:20:03 PM
*CoughHeavyRainGodofWarIIIKillzone3Cough*
#9MoukaryuuPosted 8/12/2011 1:22:44 PM(edited)
Having a lot of games on hand does not equate to having a lot of games to play. Yes, they're there, but likely they've all been played to death. I suffer from the same malody. Deus Ex needs to come out faster.

And Killzone 3 is a fat pile of suck. K2 was better even with the crappier controls.
---
Anonymity has brought online gaming to the brink of unplayability, and stat tracking kicked it over the edge.
#10EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 1:27:53 PM
Gurue26 posted...
Having a lot of games on hand does not equate to having a lot of games to play. Yes, they're there, but likely they've all been played to death. I suffer from the same malody. Deus Ex needs to come out faster.

And Killzone 3 is a fat pile of suck. K2 was better even with the crappier controls.

Except that's only a small fraction of my list of games, and the ones on that list have never even been touched. There's probably about 20 or so more that I haven't played but can't list off the top of my head.

There's a reason. It coincides with my reason for buying a 3DS (besides awesome games and sexy colors). I'm not the gamer I used to be. The days of 12 hour gaming sessions and non-stop addiction to a game is, for the most part, behind me. All my PC/Console games remain untouched because I can't bring myself to play them. I do however put a lot of time into my PSP and I also played my DSi XL a lot before I sold it a few months ago. For me portable games are just easier to get into and also a lot easier to put down if you have something else you need (or want) to do for a little while. And then on my days off if I'm really bored they're also great for long gaming marathons (Mario, Pokemon, most portable RPGs).

Also, I'm a huge fan of jRPGs, and those mostly exist on handhelds these days =)
---