For those getting a 3DS this week and thinking the only game is Zelda...

#21Second_ChancesPosted 8/13/2011 10:03:52 PM
I'd say Nintendogs can potentially be a decent distraction

Also, Samurai Warriors.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#22Happy Mask ManPosted 8/13/2011 10:08:18 PM
Don't forget about Devil Survivor Overclocked!
---
A wise man once said, "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE"
Fooled
#23DerpyHoovesPosted 8/13/2011 10:13:14 PM
In addition to Donkey Kong, there are some other games worth mentioning on the VC.

Naturally, Links Awakening DX, as well as Super Mario Land and Fortified Zone. If you like logic puzzles, Mario Picross is a good one to get too, prolly 30+ hours to finish all the puzzles. (I'm sitting at 5 left at 29 hours of play time.)
---
Yuwai posted...
There are about 54 thursdays in a year. We'll get more eventually...
#24paulinkPosted 8/13/2011 10:13:33 PM
shikaka22 posted...
but I was sick of seeing all the posts from casual gamers who only buy "big name" titles with Mario/Zelda/Resident Evil/etc in the title.

Hard to take a post like this seriously. Those are system sellers, and sometimes people don't have the expendable cash to get every other game that's out. Using the label casual here seems wrong, I would have said mainstream.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#25hayleywiIIiamsPosted 8/13/2011 10:19:49 PM
If you aren't satisfied with the 3DS, you're a troll.
#26VyersPosted 8/14/2011 1:31:01 AM
shikaka22 posted...
Oops. I forgot to mention

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars: This game isn't a shooter, its Fire Emblem with guns.

I completely disagree with the message that people can't be disinterested in these games (or at least shouldn't), but I'm at least thankful that someone realizes that Shadow Wars is like Fire Emblem and NOT like Advance Wars.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#27NekoakumaPosted 8/14/2011 1:36:49 AM
slugboss posted...
If I want to know what games 3DS has, I look at the top 10 message boards. If it's not there, it doesn't matter.

I'm sure there is 1 or 2 exceptions, but not really. These are the titles that have monetary value now.
02 The Legend of Zelda 3D
03 Resident Evil 3D
08 Dead or Alive Dimensions

This is skewed towards a US audience.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2