what's SSF4 3D like?

#1szunegaPosted 8/12/2011 1:50:34 PM
I just beat OOT and need a new game to tide me over until star fox 64 3d. I don't know if I should pre order star fox or buy SSF4 3D. here are some things to note:

The only fighting game I am even moderatly good at is smash brothers

I am not good with button combos which street fighter is known for.\

Again, not very good at fighters but I do enjoy them a lot.

I heard some content was taken out though? if so how much? should I just pre order star fox or get this?
---
why.jpg
#2kamikaze135Posted 8/12/2011 1:54:56 PM
Super Street Fighter IV on the 3DS is on easy mode. The button combinations aren't nearly as complicated as they are on arcade, consoles, and pc, but it's a good game.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3ss4gogeta_darkPosted 8/12/2011 1:56:34 PM
Its the easy version of the real thing. I won't even play it anymore since I have Arcade edition on both pc and 360.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.
#4fallenKlNGPosted 8/12/2011 2:05:48 PM
I'm also a SSB player. Other than SSB, I've never owned a true fighting game. I got Street Fighter along with my 3DS on Amazon, and It was pretty fun, but they're VERY strict with combos. It took me a while to learn how to pull off special attacks without abusing the touch screen controls.

Luckily, the game has a mode that teaches you combos for each character. The timing for each combo is very strict, but if you spend the time to learn them, you'll eventually get it. I started playing online, and it was fun, but I still had a lot to learn. Eventually, I just kinda put the game down. I guess I just didn't have the patience.

Overall, get this game if you can spare the money and time. If you think you can spend time practicing combos over and over until it becomes second nature to you so that you can pwn players online, get this game. Unlike SSB, you probably won't be able to main with more than 2 characters. If you want a fighter that's not so strict with combos, look into DOA. I don't have it, so I can't really say much about that.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#5housemonkeyPosted 8/12/2011 2:35:06 PM
One nice things about the 3DS version for people newer to the games is it's easy to map the button combos that may be harder to pull off coming in cold to series to the touchscreen until you get a general feel for the timing of the game. Personally, I love the game but I also grew up playing Street Fighter 2 and every addition afterwards. Dead or Alive I would say has a little less of a learning curve to get to a stage you feel confident, but still has hard enough that most people will feel there is more to master.

Both are solid games, but would have to give my edge again to SSF4.
---
Nobody's got anything on me, brother, sir. I've been out of the rookers of the milicents for a long time now.
#6curryandricePosted 8/12/2011 2:39:36 PM
You'll probably like Dead or Alive more, all there is to the combos is pressing punch with X and kick with Y with little timing involved, and some throw combos where you do a direction and press B.

Of course if you really want to play Street Fighter and find the special moves too hard to do you can map them to the touch screen.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptax7a.png http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png