Price Drop Day; Best Buy price match is a go

#11shadetail1Posted 8/12/2011 1:55:17 PM
I got my 3DS last weekend. I got my $80 rebate about 40 minutes ago. Don't let anyone tell you Best Buy isn't price matching the 3DS, including the Best Buy employees themselves.

So if you bought a 3DS at Best Buy within the past 30 days (i.e. July 13th or later), get on over there with your receipt.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#2Second_ChancesPosted 8/12/2011 1:55:44 PM
I already did it on tuesday, but nice to know
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#3MicroOmegaManPosted 8/12/2011 1:56:25 PM
Enjoy that.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#4slate_hazukiPosted 8/12/2011 1:58:36 PM
I did this exact same thing but with Target, I've had my 3ds 4 days before they announced the price drop and I was pissed till I found out they would match it. So I got the lower price plus i'm in the ambassador thing.
---
I don't have a signature but Instead I write this so that no one accidentally doesn't read the last line of my posts.
#5Brooks3000Posted 8/12/2011 2:05:54 PM
Its true! I went to best buy at 11:30 this morning and got my $87 refund. And while i was waiting in line another guy came up behind me to get a refund of his 3ds lol. Best Buy customer return area is gonna be busy today haha
---
Mistake free since 1996
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 5070 8955 4583
#61shadetail1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 2:24:42 PM
^^ Yeah, a few extra dollars because of sales tax. My rebate was more like $86. But in any case, it is happening. So just FYI to other Best Buy customers.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#7SlaysmePosted 8/12/2011 2:29:33 PM
slate_hazuki posted...
I did this exact same thing but with Target, I've had my 3ds 4 days before they announced the price drop and I was pissed till I found out they would match it. So I got the lower price plus i'm in the ambassador thing.

This guy is what price matching was made for. I got mine a few days after launch, and really didn't care when drop was announced, short of saying"awesome!". Had it been 3 days before, I would have been irate. Glad to hear it buddy.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and slowly improving from archaic business practices.
#8EternalNetherPosted 8/12/2011 2:36:06 PM
You people disgust me. I hope Nintendo never does anything to try and reimburse people again. You don't deserve it in the slightest.
---
Intel i5 2500 I Sabertooth P67 I 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw X Series RAM I Nvidia GTX 460 Hawk I Seasonic X 650w I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB I CM Storm Scout
#9fallenKlNGPosted 8/12/2011 2:45:40 PM
EternalNether posted...
You people disgust me. I hope Nintendo never does anything to try and reimburse people again. You don't deserve it in the slightest.

I'm an early adopter, and I couldn't care less. It doesn't reduce the quality of my life, so why should I be upset? I'm happy for them, and anyone else who takes advantage of this. It's not like millions of people are doing this. Most people either:

A) Aren't planning to buy the 3DS until later.
B) Didn't wanna risk the $80
C) Don't care about the 20 games and plan to simply buy the good ones when they're available.
D) Didn't know about the Ambassador Program.
E) Already bought the 3DS
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#10toma13Posted 8/12/2011 2:46:33 PM
EternalNether posted...

Sour grapes much? You realize that price adjustments are standard retail policy, not a loophole or a scheme, right? There's nothing wrong with them.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt