Price Drop Day; Best Buy price match is a go

#21Trespasser2003Posted 8/12/2011 3:35:31 PM
nintendogger posted...
1shadetail1 posted...

I tried to do it early, but they insisted on seeing a print-ad, and I couldn't find one. No big deal, I just had to wait three extra days. I'm patient enough for that.

I checked the Walmart near mine and got their phone #. The lady at BB called them as my "proof". I just wanted to check it off my to do list tbqh.

This is what I did, too, On wednesday. The Best Buy employee seemed shocked that it was so much cheaper there, but she called and they had them in stock and I got my $80 back. Woowoo.
---
scott came. ugly face so killed him. 4// itchy. tasty.
#22SaikyoStylePosted 8/12/2011 3:39:58 PM
I have a question for people who bought at launch.

Whether you are butthurt about all this or not, were you or were you not expecting a 3DS price drop at any point when you made the decision to plunk down 250 simoleans?
---
USA Soccer
http://huntsman2012.ytmnd.com/
#23hatemakingnamesPosted 8/12/2011 5:42:49 PM
SaikyoStyle posted...

Whether you are butthurt about all this or not, were you or were you not expecting a 3DS price drop at any point when you made the decision to plunk down 250 simoleans?

I thought I'd been seeing a trend of system prices staying pretty steady over the last few years, so I didn't think it would happen (They seem to get upgrades, like XL/Lite, larger hard drives like PS3, or sometimes a free game would be added, etc., but the prices have been pretty solid - My DS lite I bought 5 years ago for $130 was still selling for $130 when I preordered the 3DS). At least not this soon or this much.

But the system/company was failing, so a price drop and 20 games I already own is better than ending up with an aqua blue brick. (Plus I would have got the games anyway if I bought right at the price drop..)

But when I think of it, when I bought on Amazon, they gave me $25 off a game and a free carrying case worth about $10...and I didn't pay tax, so I guess I'm closer to a loss of $40. So that's really not that big of a deal compared to other expenses in life.
#24Absolutezero93Posted 8/12/2011 5:51:25 PM
SaikyoStyle posted...

Everybody knew the price would have gone down at some point. It's just not many expected it so soon.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#25LikecherrycolaPosted 8/12/2011 6:20:48 PM
People who abuse the "loophole" don't affect you in any way. People who are mad about it are just mad that they're not saving that $80.

Keep hating guys.
---
God Bless LeftoverisGod-King of WCT Discoverer of the Enchanted Meadow
Grammar ain't my first language~FredCat07
#26SaikyoStylePosted 8/12/2011 6:38:17 PM
Absolutezero93 posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...

Everybody knew the price would have gone down at some point. It's just not many expected it so soon.

It probably moved a few off the shelves. Which means people have to buy games.
---
USA Soccer
http://huntsman2012.ytmnd.com/
#271shadetail1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 6:52:37 PM
It's understandable that some people are irritated. Mind you, I don't have much sympathy for them; of course there was going to be a price drop eventually, and I was waiting for it before I made my purchase. But it *is* awfully soon in the 3DS' life-cycle. Still, that's the price you pay (so to speak) when you buy at launch.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#28GenkiPosted 8/12/2011 7:40:18 PM
EternalNether posted...
You people disgust me. I hope Nintendo never does anything to try and reimburse people again. You don't deserve it in the slightest.

Still butthurt? Suck it up. I didn't get a price match because I bought mine from a going-out-of-business sale ($200 new) plus 3D OoT and it was a few days before the price drop was announced. If I had known, I probably would have waited and gotten them at $170, which would have left me money to buy another DS game.

Not complaining though. If you're still butthurt, may I suggest lube next time?
#29banzaiheilPosted 8/12/2011 7:57:27 PM
I don't see how anyone can be mad about the so-called "loop-hole." No one is being hurt. Nintendo is being helped, as more systems (and thus, games) are being sold. The Ambassador games aren't any lost money (half aren't even going to be for sale, the other half the vast majority wouldn't buy on account of no interest or already owning them via other means). The retailers aren't being hurt, as it's the same amount of money being paid if everyone just waited until after the price drop anyways.

The only reason for being mad is the hard lesson being learned about being among the first adopters. They always pay more, they're the ones who find the defects that get corrected in subsequent shipments, and in this case, having the extra play-time only counted for so much since the library has barely grown since launch.

I learned almost this same lesson the hard way with the original DS. It pays to wait a little. (Although, who could have predicted the price drop so soon?)
---
PSN: BanzaiHeil
I got a karma-lost moderation for saying "Those."
#30ThunderBlade5Posted 8/12/2011 8:00:41 PM
This "loop-hole doesn't really bother me in the slightest but maybe that's because I picked up a 3DS on Wednesday expecting to pay the full $250 but ending up paying $170 because Target dropped the price early.
---
Official Walrein of the Pokemon B/W Boards
Not changing this until the Buffalo Sabres win the Stanley Cup: Started 2/27/2011