Nintendo 3DS is going to fail? What?

#1AchievmentFreakPosted 8/12/2011 2:00:09 PM
What was that? Sold out in many places? Yeah, I think so. To all those people saying the 3DS was going to fail, look where it is now. It's not the fault of Nintendo that some people didn't want to chip down 250, but I did and I am a proud and true ambassador. Do you see the 3DS now? Be prepared for a beautiful and long legacy on the 3DS. It's only getting started! <3
---
3DS FC: 1418-6757-1238 (PM me with your info so I can add you back!)
Name: Brandon
#2jayman7Posted 8/12/2011 2:02:49 PM
Much as I've been defending the 3DS, I'd still hold out for this holiday season to be REALLY sure.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3CEs_EFGPosted 8/12/2011 2:04:26 PM(edited)
anyone with an IQ higher than a raisin would figured it'd sell well during the price cut, its the follow up months that matter. Just like the launch was a success till it imploded on itself by slowing to a snail pace during the follow up month
---
http://i.imgur.com/PgKk1.gif?tti http://i.imgur.com/12rbR.gif?tti
http://i.imgur.com/iVota.gif?tti
#4strongo9Posted 8/12/2011 2:07:37 PM
It's really going to pick up in sales when those system sellers release and the holidays come around.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#5trenkenPosted 8/12/2011 2:07:48 PM
Key thing isnt standard issue sales spikes, it's sustained sales. It just doesnt have nearly enough great games to keep on selling.

It had a strong launched then dropped off a cliff for like 4 months in every region, leading up to an epic 30% price drop not even half a year after launch. It's spiking again right now, and then noone will buy it in October and November. Mario will sell some, but honestly I dont expect it to blow up like the DS did.

People were very excited about that at the time because it offered a new way to play games. This really doesnt, so its never going to get to that level. That isnt happening until nintendo comes up with something entirely new.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#6Scorpion122178Posted 8/12/2011 2:10:23 PM
Man your some sort of fan all right if I bought my 3DS at launch and not even half a year later they cut the price by $80 bucks I'd be pissed as hell lolz, but hey now that they wised up and slashed the price plunty of joe's like me can pick it up now.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Pokemon White Friend Code: 2923-8802-0297
#7AchievmentFreak(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 2:14:17 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...
Man your some sort of fan all right if I bought my 3DS at launch and not even half a year later they cut the price by $80 bucks I'd be pissed as hell lolz, but hey now that they wised up and slashed the price plunty of joe's like me can pick it up now.

What I say is look, I am getting 20 free games. How awesome is that? Also, for the scambassadors getting their 3DS and the 20 free games, I can also say that I had a great time playing the 3DS 4 months earlier than anyone else. If I didn't buy the game early I wouldn't have had those great matches I played on DOA:D. I wouldn't have enjoyed the games like LoZ:OoT or SamWar:C or Res:Mercs. I have enjoyed them all and I have no regrets buying the 3DS early. Also not to mention, all the people I impressed with it!
---
3DS FC: 1418-6757-1238 (PM me with your info so I can add you back!)
Name: Brandon
#8trenkenPosted 8/12/2011 2:17:44 PM
You are really trying hard with these reassurance posts. You think anyone that didnt buy the 3DS 4 months ago is all upset about that lost time? They are saving money, and the sales are going to die in 2 weeks again anyway. Not sure what you're trying to prove here.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#9OmegaZero633Posted 8/12/2011 2:21:38 PM
trenken posted...
You are really trying hard with these reassurance posts. You think anyone that didnt buy the 3DS 4 months ago is all upset about that lost time? They are saving money, and the sales are going to die in 2 weeks again anyway. Not sure what you're trying to prove here.

I don't know what you're trying to prove.
He's satisfied with his purchase, so what more needs to be said?

Unless you have a problem with how strangers over the internet spend their money...
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#10VyersPosted 8/12/2011 2:22:10 PM
FYI, any console sells out after such a significant price drop. PS3, for example, sold out everywhere, but sales returned to relative normalcy.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey