cant save on links awakening help please

#21Vegito15243Posted 8/13/2011 7:56:46 PM
LordAndrew posted...
Restore points are disabled by default in Link's Awakening and other games that support battery saves. It's disabled because accidentally loading a restore point will cause the battery save to revert to that older state, potentially losing a lot of progress. Check the manual for explanation as well as instructions on how to re-enable it.

actually, iirc, the 3DS doesn't delete the save state once loaded, so you can keep reloading that same save state over and over again.

Unless there was a software update that changed that, then disregard this post.
---
Gamertag: Vegito15243.
3DS Friend Code: (Vegito) 0688 -5253-6669
#22PokeMasterPosted 8/13/2011 8:53:38 PM
BlueEyes15243 posted...
LordAndrew posted...
Restore points are disabled by default in Link's Awakening and other games that support battery saves. It's disabled because accidentally loading a restore point will cause the battery save to revert to that older state, potentially losing a lot of progress. Check the manual for explanation as well as instructions on how to re-enable it.

actually, iirc, the 3DS doesn't delete the save state once loaded, so you can keep reloading that same save state over and over again.

Unless there was a software update that changed that, then disregard this post.

He doesn't say that the savestate is deleted, he said that the battery save (ie; normal game save) gets reverted to where it was when the savestate is loaded. Potentially losing progress.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#23FoofyheadPosted 8/14/2011 5:45:03 AM
LordAndrew posted...
Why did you insert your response into the quote? I couldn't find it at first.

The manual explains the dangers of using restore points in games that already have a save system. Those dangers are why restore points are disabled by default in such games. Get it now?

Posting error, I guess.

And no, I still don't see the issue with save states.
---
It's unanimous: Pyschonauts is an incredible game!
#24LordAndrewPosted 8/14/2011 8:57:45 AM
Foofyhead posted...
And no, I still don't see the issue with save states.

Reenable it then. The manual also tells you how.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#25FoofyheadPosted 8/14/2011 10:26:45 PM
I never disabled it.

I played through the entire game, and saw no issues....
---
It's unanimous: Pyschonauts is an incredible game!