Didn't they promise us that we'd know the Ambassador games before the deadline?

#21TheloPronoeoPosted 8/12/2011 3:27:45 PM
mkbk posted...
It's enough of a source that Nintendo has to correct them (they released a PR when NoA customer support confirmed Kirby and SMA4).

Because that's what any business does. If someone says something that they either know nothing of or shouldn't say, they will release a statement saying so. It happens all the time and goes back to what I said about rumors and people taking them as fact. Especially in this case since I've seen statements saying that SMA4 is less likely to appear and probably wont. Heck, the link in this topic says as much that they aren't 100% confirmed, so no I don't think a customer support guy knows as much as he thinks he does.
#22mahgah91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 3:31:02 PM
ssphillips2 posted...
mkbk posted...
It's enough of a source that Nintendo has to correct them (they released a PR when NoA customer support confirmed Kirby and SMA4).

Because that's what any business does. If someone says something that they either know nothing of or shouldn't say, they will release a statement saying so. It happens all the time and goes back to what I said about rumors and people taking them as fact. Especially in this case since I've seen statements saying that SMA4 is less likely to appear and probably wont. Heck, the link in this topic says as much that they aren't 100% confirmed, so no I don't think a customer support guy knows as much as he thinks he does.

I never said a customer support person is an ultimate source for knowledge. But something a customer support person says (in fact, the Kirby and SMA4 thing was confirmed twice by Nintendo World Report and also confirmed by other sites like Kotaku, so it wasn't just one guy talking his head off) isn't just unsubstantiated rumor. NWR is saying it's not 100% because, obviously, it's not set in stone. It's still coming from somewhere though, what a business also does is not have their customer support say random s***.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#23jayman7Posted 8/12/2011 3:37:04 PM
mkbk posted...
jayman7 posted...
It most certainly did not go over a few hours PST, and if it did, it would have been over a few hours plus three EST.

I stayed up until the minute the eShop was released. I live on the east coast. The eShop was released way after 3 AM EST, between 4 and 5 AM I believe. If you were up around that time, people were getting pissed off their asses at around 1-2 AM EST and a lot of people went to bed because it hadn't come yet.

That's really funny, because I got it, I dunno, around 8ish PDT.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#24Gamechamp3kPosted 8/12/2011 3:38:54 PM

I hope they release original Metroid for NES tbh, I'm already hyped as all hell to play Fusion to death as it's the only non-handheld metroid I haven't tried, and I loved the original Metroid, and it's an anniversary, so why not? It'd make more sense for them TO release it that it would for them not to, so...

Metroid Fusion IS a handheld game; I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say. o.o
---
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9771/powerpuff2.jpg
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Gamechamp.jpg Buttercup-channnnnnn... <3
#25mahgah91(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 3:40:55 PM
jayman7 posted...
That's really funny, because I got it, I dunno, around 8ish PDT.

Actually thinking about it, you're right. I was remembering an entirely different event. Doesn't change that they waited until the last possible moment.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564