So, I think my screen got scratched.

#1scorejunkiePosted 8/12/2011 3:05:33 PM
>.> Theres like a rainbow effect in the spot, almost kind of like the 3DS was dropped (which is wasn't). Most likely because of the border around the touchscreen.

Is there a way I can fix this with any kind of household items? I know it's probably not covered by the warranty nor would Nintendo give me back the same system.
#21shadetail1Posted 8/12/2011 3:07:15 PM
Are you sure it's not just a fingerprint? Because if it is, you could just wipe the screen clean. My chosen method for getting rid of finger greese is a kleenex dipped in rubbing alcohol.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 3:09:43 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Are you sure it's not just a fingerprint? Because if it is, you could just wipe the screen clean. My chosen method for getting rid of finger greese is a kleenex dipped in rubbing alcohol.

It's not, but that is what happens when the touchscreen contact occurs. I've tried to use an eraser, wet the spot, or wipe it with a shirt. Nothing has worked. $170 well spent, huh.
#4nintendoggerPosted 8/12/2011 3:12:49 PM
scorejunkie posted...
>.> Theres like a rainbow effect in the spot, almost kind of like the 3DS was dropped (which is wasn't). Most likely because of the border around the touchscreen.

THAT is how mine looks exactly, rainbow. However, it is covered by warranty (I'm getting mine sent in for this reason) and while they do give you a new system, they will transfer data and you'll still be an ambassador.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#5scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 3:22:56 PM
nintendogger posted...
scorejunkie posted...

THAT is how mine looks exactly, rainbow. However, it is covered by warranty (I'm getting mine sent in for this reason) and while they do give you a new system, they will transfer data and you'll still be an ambassador.

So the screen must be chipped then? Nintendo needs to get themselves together for letting things like this happen. I'm pissed.
#6nintendoggerPosted 8/12/2011 3:23:58 PM
scorejunkie posted...

So the screen must be chipped then? Nintendo needs to get themselves together for letting things like this happen. I'm pissed.

Is it day two for you also? I'm going to call them later about it. And if they try and deny me I'll let them have it. Totally with you.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#7scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 3:57:57 PM
nintendogger posted...
scorejunkie posted...

Is it day two for you also? I'm going to call them later about it. And if they try and deny me I'll let them have it. Totally with you.

I've had my 3DS since the 9th when Wal-Mart started the price drop. At first the touch screen would leaves smudge I could wipe off but since last night I noticed the small scratches, I guess you would call them. I need to find a way to just remove the scratches without sending the system to Nintendo. I'm going on vacation for two weeks and also don't want to risk getting a new system with more problems than I already have.
#8scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 4:17:55 PM
Bump.
#9Soccer009Posted 8/12/2011 4:19:20 PM
i once heard petroleum jelly can fix scratched screens...i would do more research though before doing it on the 3DS or just send it to Nintendo and give them hell until they fix it
---
Proud and True Ambassador of the 3DS
#10scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 4:21:26 PM
Soccer009 posted...
i once heard petroleum jelly can fix scratched screens...i would do more research though before doing it on the 3DS or just send it to Nintendo and give them hell until they fix it

I found an article on Google that mentioned that. I don't want to risk it, though. You think a kit designed for TV's sold at places like Best Buy would work? The screens are the same, the 3DS just doesn't have a matte finish.