So, I think my screen got scratched.

#11nintendoggerPosted 8/12/2011 4:24:14 PM
Soccer009 posted...
i once heard petroleum jelly can fix scratched screens...i would do more research though before doing it on the 3DS or just send it to Nintendo and give them hell until they fix it
Really? Maybe I'll try that first. I'm sending it in, so I've got nothing to lose. XD
TC I suggest you live with the scratches until after vacation, and then send it in.

I also know that if (for the wii) the disc can't be read, you can highlight the back, and then wipe it off - thus getting it to work.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#12Soccer009Posted 8/12/2011 4:26:20 PM
scorejunkie posted...

I found an article on Google that mentioned that. I don't want to risk it, though. You think a kit designed for TV's sold at places like Best Buy would work? The screens are the same, the 3DS just doesn't have a matte finish.

well i used the the petroleum jelly once(i was about to just put jelly but didn't want someone to put grape jam on any electronics) and it worked on my plasma tv (22-24 inches i think) and i can't tell the scratch is there anymore but you could talk to someone at best buy about the tv kit see what they think...the jelly is just cheaper
---
Proud and True Ambassador of the 3DS
#13scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 8:51:18 PM
If it appears black when the 3D is turned on, then it is a scratch, right? I want to be sure.
#14nintendoggerPosted 8/12/2011 8:52:57 PM
scorejunkie posted...
If it appears black when the 3D is turned on, then it is a scratch, right? I want to be sure.

THAT is in fact a scratch. I have it too. I thought it was a little hair at first. :'(
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#15scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 8:58:37 PM
nintendogger posted...
scorejunkie posted...

THAT is in fact a scratch. I have it too. I thought it was a little hair at first. :'(

2D = Rainbow
3D = Black

Got it, thanks.
#16scorejunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 10:23:07 PM
Will it be user removable or no?