A lot of developers talk about the difficulty of developing for the 3DS...

#11trenkenPosted 8/13/2011 4:39:02 AM
Baha05 posted...
I would not be surprise if it's super easy and they just want to be lazy developers

*facepalm*

This post cannot be serious. These companies are desperate to make games and money. You know a lot of companies just sitting around not producing things because they just dont feel like it?
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#12strongo9Posted 8/13/2011 4:46:39 AM
Just some companies being lazy and making excuses. Developers actually making 3DS games are satisfied with how easy it is to develop games for it.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#13VobeDarkElfPosted 8/13/2011 5:18:06 AM
This topic makes perfect sense, but I think many of you here are misunderstanding it.

The developers aren't lazy, nor is the 3DS difficult to program for. The problem is: "how do we implement a gyroscope function into a videogame in a way that is actually cool and fun?"

How about a touch screen?

How about 3D camera?

How about a microphone?

These actually aren't easy questions to answer. But knowing Nintendo, they probably are pushing for game developers to make use of these functions. Game developers could easily make a nice 3D game that just uses the circle pad and buttons, but making use of all that other junk the 3DS has is not such an easy task.
#14trenkenPosted 8/13/2011 5:20:54 AM
Who's got the link to that article posted here a week ago that talks about how difficult it is not only to make full games in 3D, that take years to make without 3D, but also how difficult it is to create 3D classics?

This wasn't just made up, multiple people are speaking out about it.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#15seb03Posted 8/13/2011 5:50:31 AM
Yep lazy developers. PS3 owners have been saying that for years
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#16WyldcardPosted 8/13/2011 6:04:32 AM
mkbk,

You make an excellent point. I don't care if a game uses all the features if it is a good game. Using one or two is fine.
---
Family Friendly Gaming ROCKS!!!
Colossians 2:8 is great!! [~JC~]
#17MetroidJunkiePosted 8/13/2011 9:07:19 AM
Didn't High Voltage imply that it was somewhat easy putting Conduit from Wii to 3DS since the architecture is so similar?
#18Grandy12Posted 8/13/2011 9:14:10 AM
trenken posted...
Baha05 posted...
I would not be surprise if it's super easy and they just want to be lazy developers

*facepalm*

This post cannot be serious. These companies are desperate to make games and money. You know a lot of companies just sitting around not producing things because they just dont feel like it?

Capcom.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#19PsyrenCallPosted 8/13/2011 9:18:27 AM
The development itself is likely no more or less difficult, it's likely that designing for the system is the problem. Hence why we're not getting much of value, developers don't understand the 3DS' features or the market.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#20NyyarkPosted 8/13/2011 9:26:04 AM
Its not lazy it's lack of creativity and saving face for not wanting to take risk.

I think it is a bit tricky with the stereoscopy because not everything that looked right before translates correctly to a 3D screen.

Also unless you have 3D sprites you don't need to do anything twice for a sprite based 3D game, you just offset the position of the sprites, and backgrounds and such. You can't however make solid piece backgrounds look nice.