Wish me good luck !

#1Reptile12345Posted 8/13/2011 8:34:36 AM
I'll buy a red 3DS when it'll comes out and I'll disassemble my blue one and the red one to exchange their case with each other. I'm a little experimented with those kind of thing but this operation would still void the warranty and this is the real downside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMWpguOMeq8

I would sell the "blue" 3DS afterward or even try to return it at Walmart for a refund. I know they would not take back a console in a box with a different color but I would put the red in the box when they examine it in the electronic department and after that, going to the customer service for a refund, I would swap the 3DSes.

It would be easy and worth it. What do you think Gamefaqs ? Pros ? Cons ?
#2paulinkPosted 8/13/2011 8:39:14 AM
That's a terrible/ dishonest idea. Why don't you just try and sell the 3DS secondhand instead of going through all of that trouble of swapping for the refund? Or better yet, not buying another 3ds.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#3Sirian_HawkPosted 8/13/2011 8:39:33 AM
Forgive me for asking but, what would be the point exactly? To get the ambassador games on a red system I am guessing? If so, just wait for the system transfer feature to be added, then buy a red, transfer your files to it and sell the blue after. No warranties voided. No extra hassles.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#4LordAndrewPosted 8/13/2011 8:42:54 AM
That's a terribe idea.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#5curryandricePosted 8/13/2011 8:44:07 AM
They're going to let you do a 3DS transfer soon which lets you send all your games and ambassador stuff to a different system so you don't have to take apart your 3DS.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ptax7a.png http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#6PokeMasterPosted 8/13/2011 8:44:20 AM
Why not just either:

Paint it
Decal it
Replacement case?
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#7Reptile12345(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 9:28:04 AM(edited)
That's a terrible/ dishonest idea. Why don't you just try and sell the 3DS secondhand instead of going through all of that trouble of swapping for the refund? Or better yet, not buying another 3ds.

But... I'll lose all my genuinely bought eShop games and I've always wanted a red 3DS since it have been announced.

Forgive me for asking but, what would be the point exactly? To get the ambassador games on a red system I am guessing? If so, just wait for the system transfer feature to be added, then buy a red, transfer your files to it and sell the blue after. No warranties voided. No extra hassles.

Yeah you got it ! It's the best idea of the entire topic but I like challenge.

That's a terribe idea.

Thanks for the feedback.

They're going to let you do a 3DS transfer soon which lets you send all your games and ambassador stuff to a different system so you don't have to take apart your 3DS.

This is what I told to myself years after years with the Wii and it never happened.

Why not just either:

Paint it
Decal it
Replacement case?

1. I'm better at disassembling electronics than painting.
2. Same as 1.
3. Nah... the official thing is better looking

Anyway thanks for all the feedback. If I do this, I'll give you all an update.
#8SlaysmePosted 8/13/2011 9:34:28 AM
I think it would be a mistake. It's your gear, if you just want to tinker with it thats fine, but.....if you can afford the risk of breaking something, just buy a red, the system transfer has been addressed. May be a while, but...
Really they do need account transferability.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and slowly improving from archaic business practices.
#9Reptile12345(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 9:40:52 AM
slaysme420 posted...
I think it would be a mistake. It's your gear, if you just want to tinker with it thats fine, but.....if you can afford the risk of breaking something, just buy a red, the system transfer has been addressed. May be a while, but...
Really they do need account transferability.

Oh yeah they need it fast because it prevent people buying more console since they need to keep the first one they bought.
#10Grandy12Posted 8/13/2011 9:43:02 AM
Dude, I think you can just system transfer.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006