If I chose to sell one of my 'Ambassador' 3DS systems...

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/13/2011 10:56:55 AM
Would I be safe removing the Club Nintendo link? I'm thinking of selling my blue one with the intention of the buyer still having access to the 20 free games but I don't want any of my info to remain on there. Can this be done?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 8/13/2011 10:57:56 AM
the moment you remove your clubnintendo information, you stop being an Ambassador
#3TheloPronoeoPosted 8/13/2011 11:03:12 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
the moment you remove your clubnintendo information, you stop being an Ambassador

You do not need to have a club nintendo account in order to be an Ambassador. Nintendo very clearly said that.
#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 11:03:19 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...

Are you sure about that? It doesn't say anywhere on the Nintendo site about linking the 3DS to a Club Nintendo account prior to becoming eligible. Do you have to be linked in order to buy stuff through the eStore? I always have been myself so I'm clueless on that...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
#5Tettra7Posted 8/13/2011 11:10:43 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...

Are you sure about that? It doesn't say anywhere on the Nintendo site about linking the 3DS to a Club Nintendo account prior to becoming eligible. Do you have to be linked in order to buy stuff through the eStore? I always have been myself so I'm clueless on that...

The Club Nintendo part is completely optional. Just recommended cause you get points for some stuff on the eshop.
#6xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 11:12:42 AM
Ok... so in theory, if the eligibility is simply based off the S/N, which the latest News update on the eShop implies, I might be ok doing a full system format as well?
---
#7TheloPronoeoPosted 8/13/2011 11:15:25 AM(edited)
xLexLuth0rx posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...

Look at my post, you do not have to be linked in order to buy games on the eshop or in order to be an ambassador.

Also, from the sticky at the top of the board: Q. Do I need to join Club Nintendo and/or link my Nintendo 3DS system to qualify? A. No, to qualify, you only need to have accessed Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS system at least once by 23:59 CET of August 11th, 2011.

But yeah, you don't have to link your accounts or anything. I in fact tried linking my account shortly after I got my 3DS and for whatever reason, couldn't even though the username and password was correct.
#8toma13Posted 8/13/2011 11:25:13 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Ok... so in theory, if the eligibility is simply based off the S/N, which the latest News update on the eShop implies, I might be ok doing a full system format as well?

I would contact Nintendo and ask them before doing it, just to be on the safe side.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt