Several games need a price drop

#11pokegamer1Posted 8/13/2011 3:31:09 PM
target has about 8-10 games for the 3ds on sale for $17.00, but the sale ends today.
---
pokemon diamond fc 1677-7840-8784, TROUBLE
yes, i'm a girl who plays video games :)
#12Nickf42(VIP)Posted 8/13/2011 3:32:46 PM
laxnd23 posted...
Nickf42 posted...
LordAndrew posted...
Marsulas posted...
Just got my 3ds bout a week ago, loving it so far. But i cant justify spending 40+ on Pilotwings, Steel Diver, Pac-man & Galaga Dimensions etc.

Those seem like titles you'd find in the bargain bin soon enough, so just be patient.

I dunno about the 1st party titles... Nintendo games rarely drop in price...

But I hope they drop prices overall...all games

Won't happen unfortunately. As the technology increases, so will the game prices.

Exactally >.>

But they also need to make their eshop better to compete with IOS prices and sucj

not my games....but those friggen casual markets
---
Wii- 4303-4875-8522-2427
Brawl 0044-2469-0820
#13laxnd23Posted 8/13/2011 3:33:43 PM
MarkMilton posted...
the over-pricing is why i only own one 3DS game right now: Ghost Recon. and only because it was on sale for $17 this past week at Target.

i want to own DOA, but $40 for it is a joke.... so is paying that much for a port, of a port, of a port in Ocarina of Time.

fanboys will justify the price because they're sheep, me, i work for my money and even paying $60 for a 360 game is a rarity for me. and the meager line-up of games the 3DS has only magnifies how ridiculous Nintendo's pricing has been from the start with the 3DS.

which is even more shocking when you understand that the Japanese economy is in even worse shape than ours... who the hell there thinks people can pay out the ass for luxury items anymore?

Yes because name-calling is the mature way to discuss this. I love the anonymity of the internet. But maybe it's because, I don't know, people actually like the idea of OoT being portable. Also it has Master Quest, something many people don't have. Honestly, I'm with you. I rarely buy games, and if I do, I save up for it. But I don't agree with calling people that like the games that are out, few as they are, fanboys or sheep. It only serves to hurt your point and make you look bad.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd
#14MarkMiltonPosted 8/13/2011 3:47:34 PM(edited)
my name is my name.

i live in Cincinnati, OH.

i'm 33 years old, 34 on September 29th.

you can have my phone number as well, but i never answer it.

and only a fanboy can justify paying $40 for a slightly updated version of game that has been released several times over since it's original launch 13 years ago.

i'd say the same thing to Street Fighter IV fans that just bought the "Arcade" edition of it on consoles.... or the, what, dozen versions of SFII that have released over the past two decades.

people the feel the need to play every version of a game or watch those extra 7-seconds in the Super Special Director's Edition of Blade Runner, are FANBOYS.

i'm not saying i'm not one myself though. i'm a fan-boy of Captain America, Quasar, the Battlefield franchise and Resident Evil franchise.... which is why i bought this system (for Revelations) and my Xbox (for the RElite a year-and-a-half ago)
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton
#15Cave_LionPosted 8/13/2011 3:48:41 PM
If you can't Justify paying $40 then DON'T PAY IT. IT's not rocket science. Wait for a price drop or rent the damn games. It's your money.
---
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/Mithos_2006/Borderlands2image.png
#16laxnd23Posted 8/13/2011 3:53:35 PM
MarkMilton posted...
people the feel the need to play every version of a game or watch those extra 7-seconds in the Super Special Director's Edition of Blade Runner, are FANBOYS.

I wasn't questioning you as a person. And yes I agree with you, I do question those who bought the N64 version, then the Windwaker preorder, then the Zelda Collector's Edition, then the Wii virtual console, then the 3DS version. But to assume that everyone who bought the 3DS version is a fanboy is very limited. You said it yourself, it has been 13 years since it was released. That means there are people buying a 3DS who never bought the game or played it before. Yes they could buy it off of the Wii VC, but I think you will agree that retail games get more visibility than those offered on digital services. And then there are people like me. I bought it was I was a kid for the N64. I didn't preorder wind waker. I got the Zelda Collector's Edition through that offer at the time because I hadn't played Majora's Mask, Zelda 2 or even the original Legend of Zelda. I hadn't touched OoT since the N64 and didn't play it on the disc either. Needless to say, I didn't get it on the virtual console. So why did I buy it for 3DS? Because it was cleaned up, portable, and had Master Quest; a revision of the game that makes the game harder. So for people that I mentioned in the former, or people in my circumstance, I find it very hard to call them a fanboy.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd
#17MarkMiltonPosted 8/13/2011 3:58:41 PM
Cave_Lion posted...
If you can't Justify paying $40 then DON'T PAY IT. IT's not rocket science. Wait for a price drop or rent the damn games. It's your money.

of course it all comes down to what the individual is willing to shell-out for stuff... hell, i buy pretty much everything Transformers related, and i shutter to think about the thousands, and thousands of dollars i've spent over the decades on my passion.

but Hasbro knows that to make money they can't cater to the hardcore crowd like me. they know that they have to make their product accessible to the masses, so they produce many different scales of toys at various price-points.

this way, a little kid can save up their allowance and buy a small figure, then that could lead to them becoming someone like me that will pay $100+ for a high-end figure.

pricing 3DS games (and before this past week, the system itself) at these levels does not accommodate the market they need to focus on: kids. or more accurately, kid's parents. and when your best games on the system are merely ports or re-hashes of older games, that's just reeks of arrogance on Nintendo's part.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton
#18MicroOmegaManPosted 8/13/2011 4:00:02 PM
Well, then don't spend $40 on those games. I haven't spent more than $30 on a 3DS game yet, and all were new copies obtained (or could have been obtained) with-in the first week of their availability for sub-$30.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#19MicroOmegaManPosted 8/13/2011 4:13:03 PM
MarkMilton posted...
a port, of a port, of a port in Ocarina of Time.

You'll have to walk all of us through your logic. Because it is a remaster of two games, and not a port of one game in the first place.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,