Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie 3D remake would have been better than Star Fox 64.

#21plasmatic5Posted 8/15/2011 7:20:47 AM
Why do I always feel like the only person who enjoyed Nuts and Bolts? Sure, it wasn't the same Banjo formula, but it was still a lot of fun, quite interesting, and just neat to play. Even without the same Banjo gameplay, it still felt like a Banjo Kazooie game because of the humor and setting. So if Rare were able to make a new Banjo game for the 3DS (would probably be on XBox though), I would put my faith in them and buy it. I just hope it would be a better sequel to BT than Nuts and Bolts was (story-wise, that is).
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#22MagzaPosted 8/15/2011 9:16:16 AM
plasmatic5 posted...
Why do I always feel like the only person who enjoyed Nuts and Bolts? Sure, it wasn't the same Banjo formula, but it was still a lot of fun, quite interesting, and just neat to play. Even without the same Banjo gameplay, it still felt like a Banjo Kazooie game because of the humor and setting. So if Rare were able to make a new Banjo game for the 3DS (would probably be on XBox though), I would put my faith in them and buy it. I just hope it would be a better sequel to BT than Nuts and Bolts was (story-wise, that is).

Nuts and Bolts was fantastic.
---
AMD 1090T 3.2 GHZ | 890FXA-UD5 | 4x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 | EVGA 480 Fermi SC+ | Barracuda 1TB HD | Corsair 850W | Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit
#23gransPosted 8/15/2011 4:33:29 PM
There's a few people out there who like Nuts and Bolts. I don't invalidate your opinion or anything, but i definitely don't share it. I detest it. I accept the fact that it's a different formula, but to me it failed even at the type of game it tried to be. I guess they were going for some kind of vehicle sim, but the physics were an abomination and the entire thing felt contrived and badly designed as a whole. I hate it not just because it isn't the Banjo formula, but based on its own merits as well. It fails as both a Banjo game AND as whatever it was trying to be instead.

I've enjoyed about three big name Rare games since the buyout. Two of them are actually well constructed games, one is a guilty pleasure that i know many people hate (and i'm not defending its blatant flaws). The two actually decent ones are Starfox Adventures and Kameo. Starfox wasn't anything like people expected from a Starfox game, and that's why it gets a lot of hate. Kind of like Nuts and Bolts i guess in a way. But unlike N&B, i feel it does a really good job at the genre it's trying to be. The other game is Kameo, which is surprisingly fun. Neither game is up to spec with what Rareware used to produce, but they're still solid and good experiences. Though the main reason they ended up being fun was because both had been in development long before the MS buyout happened. Starfox Adventures began life as Dinosaur Planet on N64 and wasn't even a Starfox game at all. I believe Kameo's origin can be traced back to N64 as well, though it was intended to be a Gamecube launch title.

The third game i kind of have a soft spot for is Grabbed By the Ghoulies. It's one of those games i sort of like but know it's bad. Can't explain it exactly. I think it's the funny nature and quirky style of it. It's pretty bad though, just kind of nostalgic for me, can't explain it.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#24chestershadowPosted 8/15/2011 5:40:29 PM
grans posted...
There's a few people out there who like Nuts and Bolts. I don't invalidate your opinion or anything, but i definitely don't share it. I detest it. I accept the fact that it's a different formula, but to me it failed even at the type of game it tried to be. I guess they were going for some kind of vehicle sim, but the physics were an abomination and the entire thing felt contrived and badly designed as a whole. I hate it not just because it isn't the Banjo formula, but based on its own merits as well. It fails as both a Banjo game AND as whatever it was trying to be instead.

I've enjoyed about three big name Rare games since the buyout. Two of them are actually well constructed games, one is a guilty pleasure that i know many people hate (and i'm not defending its blatant flaws). The two actually decent ones are Starfox Adventures and Kameo. Starfox wasn't anything like people expected from a Starfox game, and that's why it gets a lot of hate. Kind of like Nuts and Bolts i guess in a way. But unlike N&B, i feel it does a really good job at the genre it's trying to be. The other game is Kameo, which is surprisingly fun. Neither game is up to spec with what Rareware used to produce, but they're still solid and good experiences. Though the main reason they ended up being fun was because both had been in development long before the MS buyout happened. Starfox Adventures began life as Dinosaur Planet on N64 and wasn't even a Starfox game at all. I believe Kameo's origin can be traced back to N64 as well, though it was intended to be a Gamecube launch title.

The third game i kind of have a soft spot for is Grabbed By the Ghoulies. It's one of those games i sort of like but know it's bad. Can't explain it exactly. I think it's the funny nature and quirky style of it. It's pretty bad though, just kind of nostalgic for me, can't explain it.

^^^ You have summed up my sentiments on N&B and SFA exactly. Didn;t enjoy GBTG, but my equivalent game is spacestation silicon valley on the n64. Rather meh game, but man did I (and still do) have alot of fun with it.
#25MW2_Main_MenuPosted 8/15/2011 5:54:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26AkaneJonesPosted 8/15/2011 6:17:52 PM
From what I here there is nothing left of Rare. It's just a division of MS that handles Connect products with the former Rare name slapped on it. It's not the Rare Nintendo had make the greats of SNES/N64, It's not the Rare Nintendo sold to MS, it's not the Rare MS had put out Kameo, Viva Pinata, or DKR DS. It seems they killed that Rare in '08 after Nut's & Bolts.
#27PinchekriaPosted 8/15/2011 6:27:15 PM

Nuts and Bolts was fantastic.

GET OUT, GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK!
---
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5158-0636 Xbox Live/PSN: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#28DW2189Posted 8/18/2011 12:22:36 PM
Star Fox Adventures is an amazing game.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#29jayman7Posted 8/18/2011 12:39:49 PM
grans posted...
3- Diddy Kong Racing DS. Fully developed by Rare though it was, they removed all traces of any Rare-owned characters from the player roster. This includes Conker, Banjo, etc. They were replaced by Kong characters, Nintendo owned ones.

I'm pretty sure Banjo and Conker were the ONLY characters removed. All the other characters from the original, including those that are still Rare-owned, were in.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#30Sinful_DesirePosted 8/18/2011 1:55:32 PM
meh conkers bad fur day on 3ds and there you go countless 3ds sales [:
---
Tiger Woods-Golf GOD/Michael Jordan-Basketball GOD/HeavenlyClassic-RE5 ShipDeck Survivor GOD
#1 RE5 ShipDeck Survivor WorldWide on the Playstation Network