Is it alright to keep the 3DS

#1HentaclePosted 8/13/2011 11:57:40 PM
Is it alright to keep the 3DS in sleep mode (just closed) and put in the cradle when not using it? Will that damage the battery or something, or is it ok to do this?
---
~tentacle~
I'm going to poke you with my tentacle. And you're going to like it.
#2paulinkPosted 8/14/2011 12:04:28 AM(edited)
No, it's absolutely not ok. Nintendo outlined this in the manual, closing the 3DS at any time will send ultra hypersonic waves to other 3DS in this closed state, as well as downloading viable information through any router it's connected to. With this power at their hands and once they have enough in numbers, they will magnetically collapse into eachother , creating the evil 3DS BOT that threatens our very existence.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#3KingAvatarPosted 8/14/2011 12:02:31 AM
I'd like to know this too.
#4gamezrochardPosted 8/14/2011 12:06:11 AM
They insist on you keeping it hooked up to the charger while it updates, and I put mine in sleep mode whenever it does that, so I assume yes. It's fine to do that.
---
Don't you hate when you insult a little kid, and they actually insult back?
"This is me waiting, and this is me waiting on drugs, HURRY THE F*** UP!"
#5PokeMasterPosted 8/14/2011 12:06:15 AM
The 3DS was designed to be kept on at all times.

Yes, it's perfectly safe. I've not turned mine off since I got it in Feb and it hasn't blown up yet.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#6DarrentgPosted 8/14/2011 12:14:32 AM
I've had a DS & PSP powered on about 90%+ of the time since 2005; and my 3DS has remained on probably 95%+ of the time since launch; though obviously being in sleep mode most of that time.

These modern handhelds were all designed to stay on 24/7; and while in sleep mode they use VERY LITTLE battery power.

You're doing it right, and you don't have a thing to worry about.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/darrentg
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio
#7RemixDeluxePosted 8/14/2011 12:16:31 AM
No, it's absolutely not ok. Nintendo outlined this in the manual, closing the 3DS at any time will send ultra hypersonic waves to other 3DS in this closed state, as well as downloading viable information through any router it's connected to. With this power at their hands and once they have enough in numbers, they will magnetically collapse into eachother , creating the evil 3DS BOT that threatens our very existence.

I'm really scared of the consequences of closing my 3DS and at this very moment that I'm typing this message it stares at me with its 2 camera eyes and flashes blue intensely. I think it knows im up to something what can I do before its too late?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#8Hentacle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 12:26:11 AM
Well my real concern is with the battery being constantly charged. Will that damage the battery (as in make it last less time)?
---
~tentacle~
I'm going to poke you with my tentacle. And you're going to like it.
#9PokeMasterPosted 8/14/2011 12:27:55 AM
Hentacle posted...
Well my real concern is with the battery being constantly charged. Will that damage the battery (as in make it last less time)?

The battery stops charging when it's full and runs off mains power. You have nothing to worry about.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2