I forgot how annoying OoT was (and probably similar games from its day)

#1SupaTPosted 8/14/2011 8:56:16 AM
Randomly running around talking to everyone because I have no clue what to do. I only beat this game once, and that was around launch so the 3DS version is my first time playing it since then. I can only backtrack but so long before I start to get bored. I'm really trying to resist the urge to whip out a guide, but we'll see what happens.
#2TJ1524Posted 8/14/2011 8:58:01 AM
This happens to me alot, Probably because you know whats going to happen,
---
Most current systems i own:DS,3DS,PSP,PS3,*Xbox360,IPod touch 3G. PSN:TJ1524
Playing: Tons. ~TJ
#3__Gaminator__Posted 8/14/2011 8:58:48 AM
Umm, listen to what Navi tells you. The game isn't THAT confusing >.>
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#4SkyCrackersPosted 8/14/2011 9:00:35 AM
Shiekah stones.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
#5SupaT(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 9:00:54 AM

Navi's advice is awful 80% of the time. Her advice is about as useful as the flashing dots on the main map.
#6SShredder565Posted 8/14/2011 9:01:24 AM
I didn't really find it that annoying (the 3DS version was my first time too). It's always been the number one rule in games like these to talk to every NPC. Even recent Zelda games. I was sorta pleased that the game didn't hold my hand, but I was a little disappointed it wasn't harder. I was expecting the Water and the Shadow temple to be hard as mess... And when I walked through them without getting stuck I was like..uhh...wut?
#76speednissanPosted 8/14/2011 9:01:47 AM
You also get info of where to go from playing the forest song.
#8SShredder565Posted 8/14/2011 9:02:34 AM
SupaT posted...
Navi's advice is awful 80% of the time. Her advice is about as useful as the flashing dots on the main map.

Lol, true, her advice isn't very specific. But she shouldn't have to tell you anymore than the general area. The areas in this game don't have a whole lot to even check compared to recent Zelda games.
#9nintendoggerPosted 8/14/2011 9:05:04 AM
__Gaminator__ posted...

I got stuck at the beginning because I didn't realize what she was saying was a commandment. "I wonder what Saria will think..." I thought she was just thinking out loud. XD I went ahead and bought the guide (it's for the original) and I use that now when I get too confused.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#10__Gaminator__Posted 8/14/2011 9:08:05 AM
SupaT posted...

Her advice may not be specific, but it doesn't take much brainpower to grasp what she's hinting at. I suppose you want the game to hold your hand the entire way, much like many of today's gamers.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!