What's more worth my money, Zelda OOT or Mercs 3D?

#11Hero3zizPosted 8/14/2011 9:34:03 AM(edited)
nintendogger posted...
Hero3ziz posted...

Well the entire story is about the tri force of the Gods so, well nevermind im religious and i played normally, so TC go for it, its an amazing game, but still the story sucks imo.

I can appreciate that, I guess I just chose never to take them seriously. I assume you've never played Okami (one of my favorite games of all time). In Okami you literally play as the sun god. I'm a monotheist but it didn't stop me from enjoying the game, and the plot thoroughly. I guess if you consider even enjoying a fairy tale idolotry than that's up to you and your pastor/rabbi/imam to decide. I don't consider it that.

I never take them seriously, but i dont kno whats happening to me lately, everytime i play a game that has religious things it effects me alot, i asked my uncle( he's an imam) he said that its some sort of a psychological illness, and staying away from games/movies that has religious things for a period of time is the only cure, i love zelda and pokemon ALOT, but i have to stay away from them for a period of time, so yea they r just games, i dont give a s***, i really miss pokemon :(
---
True Ambassador of the 3DS.
Muslim and proud.
#12D NycePosted 8/14/2011 8:51:14 AM
First Party games always hold value longer than Third Party games.
#13nintendoggerPosted 8/14/2011 9:10:42 AM
Hero3ziz posted...

I never take them seriously, but i dont kno whats happening to me lately, everytime i play a game that has religious things it effects me alot, i asked my uncle( he's an imam) he said that its some sort of a psychological illness, and staying away from games/movies that has religious things for a period of time is the only cure, i love zelda and pokemon ALOT, but i have to stay away from them for a period of time, so yea they r just games, i dont give a s***, i really miss pokemon :(
So yea tc get zelda its an amazing game,

Sorry if I struck a nerve dude. :( I guess at some point I stopped associating the term god and goddess with religion.

Hey want add each other? My code is in my quote.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#14Hero3zizPosted 8/14/2011 9:14:01 AM
nintendogger posted...
Hero3ziz posted...

So yea tc get zelda its an amazing game,

Sorry if I struck a nerve dude. :( I guess at some point I stopped associating the term god and goddess with religion.

Hey want add each other? My code is in my quote.

Its okay, they are just games after all, heres my code: 2535-3675-7160
---
True Ambassador of the 3DS.
Muslim and proud.
#15toma13Posted 8/14/2011 11:18:29 AM
Hero3ziz posted...
Well zelda is all about the story mode, the gameplay is amazing but the story and settings sucks imo ( if ur religious DO NOT get it ), RE 3d is all about online, it has no story just online multiplayer, and its save data cannot be deleted, so its ur choice.

I'm Christian and I'm not offended by the storyline in OoT. It's no different than enjoying mythology or anything else like that. The game doesn't exactly have very religious overtones, just a story about three goddesses that happens during one scene. It's relatively tame stuff.

Also, the save data issue for RE Mercs is overblown as far as I'm concerned. People say that the save data can't be deleted without describing what the save data actually is. The data that can't be deleted is just high scores, achievements, and unlockables, so unless you like erasing your high scores and re-locking your unlockables than I wouldn't worry a whole lot about the "one save file" thing.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#16nintendoggerPosted 8/14/2011 11:22:23 AM
toma13 posted...

I'm Christian and I'm not offended by the storyline in OoT. It's no different than enjoying mythology or anything else like that. The game doesn't exactly have very religious overtones, just a story about three goddesses that happens during one scene. It's relatively tame stuff.

It seems to vary from one person to the next, even within religious groups. I asked some members of my Torah study via email, and one insisted that things such as WoW, Harry Potter, Pokemon, and even Zelda were all abominations and that participating in them would make you well, an abomination. The other people I emailed (many unfamiliar with the series) just stated that so long as you didn't begin worshiping the games or acting like the characters that is was all in good fun and no big deal.

That said, I agree toma, I think it's just like enjoying a fairy tale.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.