How's the online stuff (like Virtual Console and other features)?

#1MrChunLiPosted 8/14/2011 3:26:17 PM
Really considering trading in my DS Lite (and a couple games I don't play) to get a 3DS for about $80 or so. And while I can live off of playing more Pokemon White and Castlevania for a while, I'm curious how the other stuff is. I spent much more money on Virtual Console than retail Wii games. So if the Virtual Console stuff on the 3Ds is solid, I could see myself doing the same here. Not just that, but how about other features? There aren't any games out right now that I really want, and none coming really soon, either (I don't give a crap about N64 remakes/ports).

Also, does the Wifi work on WPA-Enterprise networks?
---
I owe Munky 22 more chair shots.
http://privateeyeball.tumblr.com --Documenting the process of a 3rd Strike newbie.
#2Starwars4JPosted 8/14/2011 3:33:14 PM
Hey VGF,

The VC is (very) slowly building up its library, with only a few 3D classics released so far (more are on the way). Online is like the DS but much better. One friend code per system rather than one per game, and it connects to more types of signals as compared to your DS lite.

Unfortunately you just missed the ambassador status, early adopters are given for free 10 NES games and 10 GBA games on the VC, some of the best either system had to offer. The GBA titles are, as far as we know now, exclusive to the ambassadors, though other GBA titles are sure to follow. Right now they're working on integrating online multiplayer and players manuals into the NES and GBA titles. NES titles will start being available on Sept 1, and GBA titles will start appearing before the end of the year.

So it's really up to you, but personally I love this system far more than I did my DS lite.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3ProbinatorPosted 8/14/2011 3:33:43 PM
Not much 3DSware yet, just a golf game and 2 3D Classics. 3D Xevious is good fun, the 3D effect suits it well.

Virtual Console is off to a good start. Link's Awakening is still the stand out of the bunch. But Kirby's Dream Land, Super Mario Land and the rest are all good games. Pacman and Alleyway seem less appealing though.
---
"They don't need punishment, they need gun-ishment!"
#4JigglyJinjoPosted 8/14/2011 3:34:33 PM
Face Raiders is the best thing I've ever seen. It's a free app with the system and to me it is a system seller.

The VC is cool if you like GB games, so check those out if you want to relive the big giant gameboys.

Internet Browser is the best browser to date.
---
why come there are so many locusts? do they have sex with each other then get both pregnant and give birth to 10 babies or what.~ miczz
#5MrChunLi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 3:40:50 PM
Hey, its Starwars! I like to see namebars that are a different color >_>

-Friend code thing is good to know. I'm aware I missed the ambassador status, but the current Gamestop deal seems much more appealing to me anyways.
-Kirby's Dream Land, and Super Mario Land are both games I quite enjoyed when I got to play them, but I never owned them. And I always care more about games when I own them ;)
-Internet browser doesn't mean much to me, since I have a smartphone, but its nice to know there's a solid one.
---
http://privateeyeball.tumblr.com --Documenting the process of a 3rd Strike newbie.
#6Starwars4JPosted 8/14/2011 3:44:38 PM
VGF posted...
Hey, its Starwars! I like to see namebars that are a different color >_>

-Friend code thing is good to know. I'm aware I missed the ambassador status, but the current Gamestop deal seems much more appealing to me anyways.
-Kirby's Dream Land, and Super Mario Land are both games I quite enjoyed when I got to play them, but I never owned them. And I always care more about games when I own them ;)
-Internet browser doesn't mean much to me, since I have a smartphone, but its nice to know there's a solid one.

Same! As for ambassador status it's all about what you think is the better deal for you, I just wasn't sure if you knew about it or not. The NES titles will be coming soon to non-ambassadors as well, so there will be a nice listing of real NES classics coming for everyone to download.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7PinchekriaPosted 8/14/2011 4:08:07 PM
bad news: they kept the dreadful friend codes system

good news: It's only one per console now.

Also the video previews on the eShop have horrible quality, the audio as well.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5158-0636 Xbox Live/PSN: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#8MrChunLi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 8:53:57 PM
blimp erm, bump
---
#9Makeveli_livesPosted 8/14/2011 8:56:58 PM
lol Nintendo online being anything more then meh

Just lol

---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340