Confirming your Ambassadorship.

#1parKb5Posted 8/14/2011 4:29:57 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=158983&sid=af4b760571ce29d9ec322f28a9b62ce5

If you log onto the eShop there is an update to the Ambassador Program in the News section.

Apparently, Nintendo is setting up a website where you can enter the serial number of your 3DS to make sure you are an Ambassador.

The website is supposed to be up sometime this week.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#2PokeMasterPosted 8/14/2011 4:43:04 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/60014032
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#3parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 4:49:41 PM
Now what I want to know is what you do if you connected to the eShop before August 11th and your serial number doesn't show up. They should have made these sites before the cut off date so that everyone could make sure they were ambassadors and if it didn't work, they could re-connect to the eShop.

We all know how Nintendo stinks at online and I could see some people who did connect to the eShop in time, not getting credit for it.

I guess we'll find out once we start seeing "Nintendo screwed me!" topics all over this board after the Nintendo site launches.
---
#4AP3BrainPosted 8/14/2011 4:56:14 PM
Hm... I am going to Hawaii this week. Not sure if I will be able to connect to internet... Hopefully it lasts for awhile.
#5PokeMasterPosted 8/14/2011 6:10:13 PM
parKb5 posted...
Now what I want to know is what you do if you connected to the eShop before August 11th and your serial number doesn't show up. They should have made these sites before the cut off date so that everyone could make sure they were ambassadors and if it didn't work, they could re-connect to the eShop.

We all know how Nintendo stinks at online and I could see some people who did connect to the eShop in time, not getting credit for it.

I guess we'll find out once we start seeing "Nintendo screwed me!" topics all over this board after the Nintendo site launches.

If you succesfully connected to the eShop, it'd log your 3DS info and that'd be the end of that.
You only have to do it once, not repeatedly. But some people have numerous unfounded fears and paranoia over 20 free games which they most likely will complain about, again.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#6jordandrakoPosted 8/14/2011 7:05:11 PM
You can also still become an ambassador if you can prove you bought it before the 12th.
http://3dsvc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/nintendo_europe_offers_new_way_into_3ds_ambassador_program
---
FC: 0645-5830-9568 Now Playing: DOA: D, Dementium II, Zelda, Magicka, 999
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
#7TheloPronoeoPosted 8/14/2011 9:27:07 PM
jordandrako posted...
You can also still become an ambassador if you can prove you bought it before the 12th.
http://3dsvc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/nintendo_europe_offers_new_way_into_3ds_ambassador_program

That is just for Europe for the time being.
#8parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2011 2:39:06 AM
PokeMaster posted...

If you succesfully connected to the eShop, it'd log your 3DS info and that'd be the end of that.
You only have to do it once, not repeatedly. But some people have numerous unfounded fears and paranoia over 20 free games which they most likely will complain about, again.

Sure, that's the way it works, but then why even set up a site to check if you are an ambassador then? I'll answer that for you, so people can be reassured that they are ambassadors, of course. But then why set it up the week AFTER the cut off date? It would have been so much better if they had this website BEFORE the cut off date.

One question PokeMaster, did they have the website set up in Japan before the cut off date?
---