Anyone excited for SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked?

#41LightHawKnightPosted 8/15/2011 11:37:19 AM

No & yes, from what i've read it's a remake of devil survivor 1. It will have a new chapter & voice acting. So yes you will not be missing anything as this is part 1 of the series, just a remake.

It is not just a new chapter, it is an 8th day, which CHANGES depending on which route you took on the 7th day, so it shall be a lot of new stuff from that alone. Along with 20 new demons, hell I shall just quote someone else on it.

There are new features. Here is a list of them:

It has a new eighth day. This eighth day takes place after the seventh day and is different for each path. This new scenario reportedly makes up about 1/4 of the game's content.

It has a fully voiced script of over 20,000 lines.

It now has a Demon Compendium. The Compendium allows you to save an archive of any demon you have. Archived demons can be called back at any time by paying a fee, so you will be able to fuse demons freely without worrying about losing a demon you worked hard on forever. It also contains detailed text on the demons' mythological origins.

There is an new "quick movement" option to make battles go by more quickly.

The graphics are re-done with more detail and a higher resolution.

There is a new Easy mode.

There is a "Survivor's Award" system that's like a combination of an achivement system and the Grade Shop and the Tales Series. Each "achivement" adds a number of points to your total, and these points can be spend on bonuses for your next playthrough.

Whether these new things are worth getting Overclocked for or not is up to you.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#42Dagdamor3725Posted 8/15/2011 12:17:21 PM
I'm stoked. I've played and beaten every Shin Megami Tensei game that's been released in America, ever since Revelations: Persona came out on PS1. Heck, I played through and beat all the re-releases of Persona 3.

Loved every SMT game that's been out. Cleared the original Devil Survivor getting all the endings, so I'm looking forward to the 8th day.
---
PSN - Dagdamor3725
3DS FC - 5155-3036-2153
#43objection55Posted 8/15/2011 12:24:56 PM
Raven236 posted...
Yup i will get it.

But a warning to those who are religious.
Don't get it.

what does being religious have to do with enjoying a videogame? :/
---
Not changing this until Layton vs. Gyakuten comes out in the United States.
Self acceptance. Get with it. -Le_Derpstick
#44FoofyheadPosted 8/15/2011 2:25:49 PM
That's what I was wondering.

I guess Devil in the title should bother me.

Just liked Deviled eggs, and Devil's food cake.
---
It's unanimous: Pyschonauts is an incredible game!
#45LightHawKnightPosted 8/15/2011 2:32:55 PM(edited)

what does being religious have to do with enjoying a videogame? :/

Have you ever played a SMT game? It does show all the bad sides of being religious, as well as the bad side of total chaos as well and well everything along with the good. Also quite a few of the games make God out as the villan of sorts. Generally really religious people will have a problem with the series.

Something from wiki that explains it better with the alignments and therefore the sides. Also minor spoilers! Well not for this game at any rate.

Law
This alignment is associated with God, order and peace. In the game it is represented by the Messian religion, and the colours blue and white. The Law alignment promotes order and safety, but taken to an extreme it leads to dictatorship and elitism. The main goal of the Law factions in the game is to establish the Thousand Year Kingdom, a paradise on Earth ruled over by God. The truth is that only a select few who are judged worthy would be allowed to live in the Thousand Year Kingdom, while everyone else would be killed. Those who do live in the Thousand Year Kingdom would be subject to its strict, absolute laws.
Chaos
The alignment is associated with Lucifer, freedom and war. In the game it is represented by the Gaian religion, and the colours red and black. This alignment promotes freedom of choice, thought and action above all else in stark contrast to the controlling nature of the Law alignment. However, this freedom can lead to a vast amount of suffering and anarchy, leading the world into a primal state of unsuppressed vice and survival of the fittest. The main goal of the Chaos factions is to crush the Messian forces opposing them and attain complete and total power over Tokyo.
Neutral
Also known as "Balance", this alignment accepts the need for laws to govern the world but not at the cost of personal freedom. It rejects the concept of relying on Lawful or Chaotic powers to focus instead on personal empowerment, respect for the rights of others, and the inherent strength of Mankind. Although the most idealistic alignment, it is also the hardest alignment to attain because of its isolationist nature and requires the person to make enemies of both the Law and Chaos factions, destroying everything to gain everything.
---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#46FoofyheadPosted 8/15/2011 2:28:01 PM
Nah
---
It's unanimous: Pyschonauts is an incredible game!
#47LightHawKnightPosted 8/15/2011 2:56:49 PM

Nah

There are more religious people out there than you, hell so many games got changed when localized outside of Japan cause of super religious people who got so pissed that God could be represented in a videogame, good or bad.

---