Okay, so I have a question.. (Red 3DS Question)

#1TinyTankXPosted 8/14/2011 8:14:57 PM
I have a Ambassador Black 3DS. It's a nice color but honestly that Red Flare color looks really cool. So here's my question(s)..

Would it be dumb to own two 3DS's? Do people do that, like own two of one thing they already had? In the future could I transfer my 3DS Ambassador stuff to the Red 3DS?

Thanks.
#2Lost_Seraph09Posted 8/14/2011 8:17:15 PM
Not sure about transferring ambassador games but people get multiple 3DSs from different regions to play import games.
#3FrankGrimeyPosted 8/14/2011 8:18:40 PM
People do own multiple things they already have, there's no question about that. It being dumb, well that's all subjective. As for transferring (as there is an option already if you check system settings)...maybe...but knowing Nintendo it'll probably be limited.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#4Mariofan15Posted 8/14/2011 8:27:52 PM
FrankGrimey posted...
People do own multiple things they already have, there's no question about that. It being dumb, well that's all subjective. As for transferring (as there is an option already if you check system settings)...maybe...but knowing Nintendo it'll probably be limited.

You cant use that option yet.
---
Pokemon White:4728-0143-8299
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#5Hero3zizPosted 8/14/2011 8:32:18 PM
Lost_Seraph09 posted...
Not sure about transferring ambassador games but people get multiple 3DSs from different regions to play import games.

This, get a red 3ds from a diffrent region(like JP or EU) cuz not all games will be released to NA ( assuming ur american)
---
True Ambassador of the 3DS.
Muslim and proud.
#6chickenturkey10Posted 8/14/2011 8:33:12 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nintendo needs to link our purchases to our CN accounts to have our games on up to 5 3DSs or something like that.
---
Wii code: 3632-6979-8230-7885
#7Starwars4JPosted 8/14/2011 8:35:26 PM
Nintendo has already stated you WILL be able to transfer all ambassador games (and ambassador status) from one 3DS to another with a new transfer program that will be distributed soon.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8chickenturkey10Posted 8/14/2011 8:48:46 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Nintendo has already stated you WILL be able to transfer all ambassador games (and ambassador status) from one 3DS to another with a new transfer program that will be distributed soon.

It doesn't matter. If your system is rendered unusable by some accident, how are you going to transfer your data then? What if it gets stolen? Same thing. Or if you simply want a different color. This link system would make you able to also put the SD card from your current 3DS into another and still be able to play. I also think Nintendo should offer some way to easily back up and archive our save files for safe-keeping or a cloud service that we can upload our saves to in case of accident.
---
Wii code: 3632-6979-8230-7885
#9Starwars4JPosted 8/14/2011 9:28:43 PM
chickenturkey10 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

It doesn't matter. If your system is rendered unusable by some accident, how are you going to transfer your data then? What if it gets stolen? Same thing. Or if you simply want a different color. This link system would make you able to also put the SD card from your current 3DS into another and still be able to play. I also think Nintendo should offer some way to easily back up and archive our save files for safe-keeping or a cloud service that we can upload our saves to in case of accident.

That's all well and good, but unlike any of the posters above me I was actually answering TC's question.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10MellowLyricistPosted 8/14/2011 9:31:36 PM
Be careful about importing. I don't think you'll be able to transfer Ambassador games to a 3DS from another region.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.