lets post all the different ways super mario brothers has been playable

#11Nin3DSFanPosted 8/14/2011 9:28:21 PM
Super Mario Bros is available on:
NES, as Super Mario Bros., released in 1985
Famicom Disk System, as Super Mario Bros., released in 1986
NES, as part of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, released in 1988
NES, as part of Super Mario Bros./Tetris/Nintendo World Cup
NES, as part of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, released in 1990
SNES, as part of Super Mario All-Stars, released in 1993
SNES, as part of Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World, released in 1994
Game Boy Color, as Super Mario Bros DX, released in 1999
Nintendo 64, in Animal Crossing, released in 2001*
GameCube, in Animal Crossing, released in 2001
Game Boy Advance, as part of Classic NES Series, released in 2004
Wii, as Super Mario Bros. on the Virtual Console, released in 2006
Wii, as part of Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition, released in 2010
3DS, as Super Mario BRos. on the Virtual Console, released in 2011

*Was Super Mario Bros in the original Japan-only Nintendo 64 version of Animal Crossing (aka Animal Forest), or was it only in the Gamecube port?
If it was in the N64 version as well, then, I've counted exactly 14 ways of playing this game... including remakes (e.g. Super Mario Bros DX), and compilations (e.g. Super Mario All-Stars, or the 3 NES compilations).

Have I missed any? Also, I'm only including the specific game on the NES... the Game & Watch game is different, although, should I count All Night Nippon?
#12brizobstPosted 8/14/2011 9:28:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13Nin3DSFanPosted 8/14/2011 9:29:18 PM
stromvancouver posted...
with opposable thumbs.

Imagine that? Cats.... with thumbs.
#14chris1001 the sequelPosted 8/14/2011 9:30:11 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
Super Mario Bros is available on:
NES, as Super Mario Bros., released in 1985
Famicom Disk System, as Super Mario Bros., released in 1986
NES, as part of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, released in 1988
NES, as part of Super Mario Bros./Tetris/Nintendo World Cup
NES, as part of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, released in 1990
SNES, as part of Super Mario All-Stars, released in 1993
SNES, as part of Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World, released in 1994
Game Boy Color, as Super Mario Bros DX, released in 1999
Nintendo 64, in Animal Crossing, released in 2001*
GameCube, in Animal Crossing, released in 2001
Game Boy Advance, as part of Classic NES Series, released in 2004
Wii, as Super Mario Bros. on the Virtual Console, released in 2006
Wii, as part of Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition, released in 2010
3DS, as Super Mario BRos. on the Virtual Console, released in 2011

*Was Super Mario Bros in the original Japan-only Nintendo 64 version of Animal Crossing (aka Animal Forest), or was it only in the Gamecube port?
If it was in the N64 version as well, then, I've counted exactly 14 ways of playing this game... including remakes (e.g. Super Mario Bros DX), and compilations (e.g. Super Mario All-Stars, or the 3 NES compilations).

Have I missed any? Also, I'm only including the specific game on the NES... the Game & Watch game is different, although, should I count All Night Nippon?

And you know what? I'm still happy it's one of the free games, and I will play it a lot. It's ****ing Super Mario Bros.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#15brizobstPosted 8/14/2011 9:31:00 PM
acrade
---
my pictobits time attack vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yihMoMuyy4E&feature=related
#16toasty_toasterPosted 8/14/2011 9:31:21 PM
jordandrako posted...
toasty_toaster posted...
stromvancouver posted...
with opposable thumbs.

Pics or it didn't happen.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/339808354/plush_super_mario_finger_puppet_stuffed_mario.jpg

O-o
---
Check out my music - (Snakes on a plane remix, anyone?)
http://www.youtube.com/user/meowsers450
#17Dragongod165Posted 8/14/2011 9:34:58 PM
with Potato Salad and a nice Pastrami Sandwich
---
"I forgot gamefaqs is the place where all the wall street stock analysts hang out." - Karmic DJ
#1894067Posted 8/14/2011 10:06:41 PM
On its own cartridge:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x198/pvpnk8/PortableNESCart.jpg
---
27 games reviewed to date; latest review: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC), Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
http://backloggery.com/94067
#19niels200683Posted 8/15/2011 4:01:35 AM
Don't forget - it is also shortly playable through Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii.

Furthermore, there are these (copied info from wikipedia):

Game & Watch: A side-scrolling platform game entitled Super Mario Bros. was released for the Game & Watch range of handheld LCD game systems by Nintendo.

Arcade: Vs. Super Mario Bros. is nearly a separate game in its own right. This game, one of several games made for Nintendo's NES-based arcade cabinet, the Nintendo Vs. Unisystem (and its variant, the Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem), is based on Super Mario Bros., and has an identical format. The stages, however, are different; the early stages are subtly different, with small differences like the omission of 1-up mushrooms or other hidden items, narrower platforms and more dangerous enemies, but later stages are changed entirely. These changes have a net effect of making Vs. Super Mario Bros. much more difficult than the original Super Mario Bros. Many of these later, changed stages reappeared in the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2. (AKA the lost levels)

All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. is a very rare version of Super Mario Bros. with graphics based upon the popular Japanese radio show All Night Nippon. The game, which was only released in Japan for the Famicom Disk System, was a special promotional version that was given away by the show in 1986.

Super Mario Bros. Special was a game released only in Japan by Hudson Soft for the NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 computers in 1986. Although it has similar controls and graphics, there are new level layouts and the game scrolls in a different manner than the original game (differing based on the computer). In addition, many new enemies are included, including enemies from Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#20Nin3DSFanPosted 8/15/2011 10:19:38 AM
niels200683 posted...
Don't forget - it is also shortly playable through Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii.

Furthermore, there are these (copied info from wikipedia):

Game & Watch: A side-scrolling platform game entitled Super Mario Bros. was released for the Game & Watch range of handheld LCD game systems by Nintendo.

Arcade: Vs. Super Mario Bros. is nearly a separate game in its own right. This game, one of several games made for Nintendo's NES-based arcade cabinet, the Nintendo Vs. Unisystem (and its variant, the Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem), is based on Super Mario Bros., and has an identical format. The stages, however, are different; the early stages are subtly different, with small differences like the omission of 1-up mushrooms or other hidden items, narrower platforms and more dangerous enemies, but later stages are changed entirely. These changes have a net effect of making Vs. Super Mario Bros. much more difficult than the original Super Mario Bros. Many of these later, changed stages reappeared in the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2. (AKA the lost levels)

All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. is a very rare version of Super Mario Bros. with graphics based upon the popular Japanese radio show All Night Nippon. The game, which was only released in Japan for the Famicom Disk System, was a special promotional version that was given away by the show in 1986.

Super Mario Bros. Special was a game released only in Japan by Hudson Soft for the NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 computers in 1986. Although it has similar controls and graphics, there are new level layouts and the game scrolls in a different manner than the original game (differing based on the computer). In addition, many new enemies are included, including enemies from Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong.

If you read, some of what you posted aren't strictly speaking the same game. We're only counting versions of the original game, that have the exact same level layouts. Super Mario Bros. Special, has new enemies, new levels, and even a new scrolling thingy, the same with Vs. Super Mario Bros, (a separate game in its own right), and the G&W version. All Night Nippon is the only one that AFAIK, is the same game, in terms of level layouts.