Neo Geo Arcade Game Adaptor

#1AnotherSomebodyPosted 8/14/2011 8:23:21 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo released an ass-on for this thing that allowed Neo Geo Arcade games to be played straight off of cartridge? The touch screen could be used for please insert quarter. Because the unit would already be big and chunky, it wouldn't hurt to attach an extra battery pack to the adaptor so it doesn't drain the 3DS battery in ten seconds flat.
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#2GenkiPosted 8/15/2011 12:23:32 AM
AnotherSomebody posted...
Wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo released an ass-on for this thing that allowed Neo Geo Arcade games to be played straight off of cartridge? The touch screen could be used for please insert quarter. Because the unit would already be big and chunky, it wouldn't hurt to attach an extra battery pack to the adaptor so it doesn't drain the 3DS battery in ten seconds flat.

And you'd be holding the cart rather than the unit itself. The cart for Neo Geo systems are among the biggest in term of physical size. No hand held game console comes close to the size of Neo Geo carts.

It'd be cool though, you walk around and people would do a double take. You could always claim it's a special ultra rare edition that contains every single DS games in all regions.
#3gransPosted 8/15/2011 12:40:19 AM

ass-on for this thing

LOL!

But on-topic. Not something Nintendo would ever be likely to do. Though i guess it's possible for them to release Neo Geo games on the eshop. There actually does exist a very good fan-made emulator of the Neo Geo home console system for the original Nintendo DS (of all things). I'm sure if the DS could emulate it by an amateur programmer, the 3DS would have no problem in the hands of an official coder. I don't see it happening, but it would definitely be a cool thing to do.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4gransPosted 8/15/2011 12:55:22 AM
Oh my bad, didn't realize this was a parody topic.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#5robomasteralphaPosted 8/15/2011 1:12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvXNxf3ybS8
---
Now we know...
AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!!!