Rate your 3DS and games

#1MBBDarigonPosted 8/15/2011 12:24:20 PM
Dead or Alive Dimensions
7/10
The gameplay is rather solid, but has the laziest single player experience I have ever played. Most of the story most is statues talking to each other. I'd probably give the game a higher score if it had playable online. However, that's not the case because every match I play online is practically a slide show.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
6.5/10
This game was probably awesome 10 years ago but when you add nothing to the game besides slightly modified textures. I'm not giving it a high score. This is considered a remake so I'm rather disappointed with the changes. It feels like a port with 3D added to be quite honest. The game contains the best 3D the 3DS has shown so far. I play games for gameplay, not 3D.

Pilotwings Resort
5/10
I don't even feel like talking about this game. It added nothing to Wuhu Island so I felt like I was playing Wii Sports Resort. It even has the mode that was contained in Wii Sports Resort where you pop the balloons and collect random objects. I feel ripped off with this game and I felt the 3D to be quite distracting in this game. I found nothing good in this game.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
7.5/10
I would've enjoyed this game more if it didn't have it's fair share of problems. From being unable to delete your save, the frames per second on the far away enemies, the revelations demo that was practically me just walking through corridors and the 3D that wasn't noticeable. The game is fun and is packed with stuff to unlock and level up. It has pretty smooth online and tons of replayability but the cons overtake the pros.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles
6/10
I would've liked this game more if it was actually polished. I expected it to be repetitive when I bought it so I wasn't surprised when I played it. The enemy popup is annoying, it's repetitive and the 3D also sucks in this game too. It's fun for when you just feel like playing a mindless game and button mash your way to victory. It's also cool they had spotpass missions that you could download. Nothing to really get excited about.

Super Street Fighter 4
8/10
This game retains almost everything from the original and has tons of content for people who like fighting games. You have medals, trials, arcade mode, all of the titles and icons to unlock. Then we have actual solid online. Only cons I'd give it would have to be including lite mode and not giving us the arcade edition content. 3D is rather cool especially in 3DS mode. Overall this is the best 3DS game out and was one that released with the system.

3DS Overall
7.5/10
I like the 3D that it contains however nobody except nintendo has really done it justice. The system is lacking actually good software. The camera and music player are pretty bad too but I didn't buy it for that. We had to wait for some stuff like the eshop to launch and even till today the eshop is lacking in content. It's nice they packed a few games into the system too. I applaud them for that but at the price I bought this system with the content out now I just can't give it an 8/10.
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
http://raptr.com/badge/4aa3f8d60a933883c5832cd960cc0f77/ach.png
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 8/15/2011 12:36:26 PM(edited)
Thinly disguised trolling.

PilotWings Resort - 9/10, buy at $30 or less
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - 8/10
Super Monkey Ball 3D - 7/10, buy at $15 or less
Dream Trigger 3D - 8/10, buy at $30 or less
Pac-Man & Galaga - 10/10, buy at $30 or less

3DS - 10/10
The perfect little system for my life right now, so much so that I haven't been gaming on anything else since launch. DS, DSiWare, Game Boy, and some interesting 3DS software already make sure of that. Battery life could be a problem for sure, but recharging is habit forming and keeps it from ever being problematic. You know how much it costs.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#3MBBDarigon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2011 12:36:25 PM
MicroOmegaMan posted...
Thinly disguised trolling.

PilotWings Resort - 9/10, buy at $30 or less
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - 8/10
Super Monkey Ball 3D - 7/10, buy at $15 or less
Dream Trigger 3D - 8/10, buy at $30 or less
Pac-Man & Galaga - 10/10, buy at $30 or less

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/MBDarig0n/SDC10048.jpg
Yes, I hate nintendo and everything they stand for.
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
http://raptr.com/badge/4aa3f8d60a933883c5832cd960cc0f77/ach.png
#4MicroOmegaManPosted 8/15/2011 12:38:20 PM
Okay, if you say.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#5PinchekriaPosted 8/15/2011 12:42:53 PM
3DS - 7/10
Friend codes, no messaging, the way the main menu is arranged, the eShop, lack of demos. Also why is there a retail section in the eShop? Are 3DS games gonna be available for download one day? Also the video previews are horribly compressed and the audio is a little bad. The 3 image previews are also really bad quality and there should be more to view.

Starship Defense (DSiWare) - 8/10
A Tower Defense game in space. Really good but I wish they could have fixed the top screen to fit the whole thing.

I'm waiting for StarFox64.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5158-0636 Xbox Live/PSN: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#6r_m_8_8Posted 8/15/2011 1:04:54 PM
3DS - 8.5/10
I wish the battery lasted longer, that's my only real issue with it. Score will improve once by the end of the year with way more games I want. I enjoy paying for GB ROMs, yes, and I never had a DSi so DSi Ware is new to me. 3D works and is really nice, the two retail games I own look beautiful and play flawlessly. I love my 3DS.

Dead or Alive: Dimensions - 8.5/10
Fun, polished, unique gameplay style. As a DOA newcomer, I was expecting some bad Tekken clone. I was wrong, it's a simplified Virtua Fighter with an interesting counter system that punishes canned combos. I like it. Looks fantastic and has tons of content.

Super Street Fighter IV - 9/10
So, so, so great. I skipped everything SF related since Alpha 3/EX 3, so I can understand this is not a system-seller for those who own it on consoles. Flawless gameplay, amazing visuals, decent online. Presentation is not as good as DOA's, but it's the better game of the two. Still, I'm glad I own both. I'll get this for PS3 when Capcom releases AE 2012.

Let's Golf 3D - 6.5/10
Mario Golf/Hot Shots Golf clone IN CONCEPT. Only in concept. Terrible presentation that includes loading times while selecting characters, you have to unlock everything, bad frame rate, really bland looking characters and courses. Not awful, it's not broken or glitchy, but lacks a ton of polish. First and las Gameloft game I buy.

Super Mario Land (VC) - 8/10
Short, and has weird physics. Other than that it's a solid little platformer with nice music, also worth buying to check one of the most out of character Mario games ever. This is the only VC game I bought that I had already played.

Kirby's Dream Land (VC) - 8.5/10
It's short, fantastic otherwise. Great GB graphics, fun, polished, and Extra Mode is the hardest a Kirby game will ever be. Nice music as well.

Avenging Spirit (VC) - 9/10
Such a surpisingly good game. Platforming is slow and different characters lack variety, but it's a really original concept and it's a blast to play. Again, great music that sounds Megaman-ish at some points. Highly recommendable.

Donkey Kong (VC) - 10/10
DK is one of my favorite games of 2011, along with stuff like Portal 2. Flawless puzzle-platformer with 100+ levels. Can't believe I missed this back in the day.

Excitebike 3D - 6/10
Tiny sprites make me score this lower, Urban Champ seems to correct this. But well, it's Urban Champ.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#7IrishSpectre_N7Posted 8/15/2011 1:11:44 PM
3DS - 8/10

It has buttons, it plays game, good graphics and the 3D, while just a gimmick, is pretty neat. Never been the biggest fan of the brick design, isn't comfortable to hold so I bought a hand grip for it.

Ocarina of Time 3D - 9/10

Same game I played years ago, with a new coat of paint. Only loses a point because I was hoping for at least a new dungeon. Still one of my favorite games, and I've never had the chance to play Master Quest.

LoZ: Link's Awakening DX (VC) - 8/10

Fun game. I owned it when it was released but I never actually finished it.
---
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/f/c/bfc97f67116302fb0ad513c4dc385221.gif
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/4fyt74yk/1244755601083.gif
#8connundrumPosted 8/15/2011 2:16:11 PM
3ds 9/10
could use a few more games. but love the small features like play coins, activity log, spotpass, streetpass, and AR.

Ghots Recon 8/10
LoZ : OoT 10/10
RE 7/10
Doa 8/10
Ridge Racer 6.5/10
Nintendogs 7/10
#9nintendoggerPosted 8/15/2011 2:20:49 PM
3DS 7/10. Cheap hardware. Screen scratched day two. Stylus location is balls. That said, I like the 3D screen, I like the AR games. I like the fun stuff.

Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and Friends 10/10 Great fracking game. Wonderful remaster and restore to the dogs. I love the new content.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 10/10 Great fracking game. Wonderful remaster and restore to the original. Fantastic.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#10hatemakingnamesPosted 8/15/2011 5:20:48 PM
PilotWings:
7.5/10

It was the first game I got, Amazon gave me $25 off a game because I preordered my 3DS from them. I last played PilotWings for the SNES, and I haven't played the Wii sports thing beyond the demo at the store.

Great first game for the 3D experience, especially with the free flight mode. The depth really helps you play. I would have liked some more squirrel suit missions and the old parachute missions though. If you just play it through quickly, it won't last too long, but if you go for perfect missions, it will last a lot longer.

Rayman:
7/10

I got this for $16 during that Toys R Us sale.

There are a lot of criticisms about this game, and they're right. There wasn't enough testing with the 3D: objects that get too close to the game "camera" get screwed up because you can see the right half of an image, but not the left or vice versa. There are way too many checkpoints in the game, which kills the challenge. Basically, if you die it sends you back in the level about 300 feet ago. When it lets you control the game camera, it works really well. But a lot of the time, it won't let you.. and that sucks.

But all that aside, it's a decent game when the 3D is working correctly. It's just more of an simplistic puzzle game than an action/adventure game.

Ghost Recon:
9/10

I also got this for $16 during that Toys R Us sale. You really have to like the tactical game style to like this game. Personally, I love it.

Even though a single death fails a mission, I think the missions are pretty easy even on elite difficulty. (And that's without using the cheat that allows you to save infinite times at any point during a mission...at least, after the first few are completed legit) It's pretty easy to get double kills per turn with your recon's knife and rapid strike. Racking up command points lets you get a dozen or so kills in a turn...Which is fun, just not that difficult. (Maybe they could have given bonuses for using less turns per mission or something)

Ok, there is one really hard mission. That damn lighthouse defense on elite mode...I still can't get that done, and I've even tried cheating.

The 3D in this works surprisingly well for as simplistic as the graphics are. The only problem I have is with the camera controls. It lets you Move the camera up into the air at a higher angle, and that angle will lock into place. It also lets you spin the camera to the left or right, but when you let go of the button, it snaps back into place at the south of the map. The angled images look so much better than the standard ones, but it won't let that be your default camera position..

Splinter Cell:

Also picked this up for $16. I haven't heard amazing things, but most of the complaints seem to be that other versions of the game are better, and I haven't played those games.

I'll tell you more later. I'm still trying to beat that damn lighthouse defense mission in ghost recon..