The Zero Punctuation Review of the 3DS......

#1shinjix2Posted 8/15/2011 11:38:31 AM
Watch this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3112-Nintendo-3DS

(yea I know this came out awhile ago, I just never any posts on it)

Now I would love to hear your thoughts. What do you agree with and don't.

Despite being 85% sure this guys is a Nintendo Hater. I have to laugh at everything that seems true, especially the segment covering the Streetpass function. That was simply hilarious!
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#2shinjix2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 4:52:00 AM
bump
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#3FishbulbPosted 8/16/2011 5:18:44 AM
Naw, he hates on pretty much everything, but it's funny and he's usually really good at pointing out the negatives of any game / system.

I've owned the 3DS for about a week now, and I agree with most of his points.

For me, the 3DS does tons of cool things, but it's like it constantly has the highest parental control filter on, so you can't really dig into it.

For example, you can take 3D pictures, but you can't post them anywhere or share them with your friends.

You can import your friends into the system, but you can't send private messages.

You can play music, but you can't connect it directly to a computer or transfer files by wifi.

It plays videos (in 3D!), but only kiddie ones chosen by Nintendo, and you can't save them.

I could go on and on... don't get me wrong I like the system but I wish I could flip a switch that opens it up so I can really work with all the cool tech.
---
Everything that is not forbidden should be mandatory.
#4NekoakumaPosted 8/16/2011 5:26:40 AM
Fishbulb posted...
Naw, he hates on pretty much everything, but it's funny and he's usually really good at pointing out the negatives of any game / system.

I've owned the 3DS for about a week now, and I agree with most of his points.

For me, the 3DS does tons of cool things, but it's like it constantly has the highest parental control filter on, so you can't really dig into it.

For example, you can take 3D pictures, but you can't post them anywhere or share them with your friends.

You can import your friends into the system, but you can't send private messages.

You can play music, but you can't connect it directly to a computer or transfer files by wifi.

It plays videos (in 3D!), but only kiddie ones chosen by Nintendo, and you can't save them.

I could go on and on... don't get me wrong I like the system but I wish I could flip a switch that opens it up so I can really work with all the cool tech.

You can upload photos anywhere you want.

Personally, taking the SD card out and putting it into PC is easier than have an added USB port and cable to bother about.

You can always make copies of the SD card content, effectively saving them.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#5FishbulbPosted 8/16/2011 6:01:08 AM
PokeMaster posted...
You can upload photos anywhere you want.

Personally, taking the SD card out and putting it into PC is easier than have an added USB port and cable to bother about.

You can always make copies of the SD card content, effectively saving them.

I don't have an SD card port on my computer, and at least the charger station should have USB or mini USB.

I can't figure out how to share the 3DS pictures. How can you do it?
---
Everything that is not forbidden should be mandatory.
#619061980Posted 8/16/2011 6:02:30 AM
Zero Punctuation reviews are not supposed to be taken seriously, they're just for fun.
#7meiyukiPosted 8/16/2011 6:02:39 AM
I don't have an SD card port on my computer, and at least the charger station should have USB or mini USB.

I can't figure out how to share the 3DS pictures. How can you do it?

Any electronics store sells usb SD card adapters for like $10.
#8TerotrousPosted 8/16/2011 6:22:47 AM
It's an okay review, the fact that he's reviewing a system and not a game injects some life into the jokes. The one about the officially licensed steel brace is probably the funniest.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Contra"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9trenkenPosted 8/16/2011 6:28:00 AM
Just because he doesnt love one thing doesnt mean he hates everything the company makes. I think I remember him praising some Nintendo games in the past.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#10trenkenPosted 8/16/2011 6:30:16 AM
He is definitely great at really pointing out the flaws in things, and honestly he's often right. He just usually avoids pointing out the good things since that's not quite as entertaining.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256