So, has any use been found for the charging dock yet?

#1MarioFanaticXVPosted 8/15/2011 3:08:30 PM(edited)
I know it's not a significant portion of the cost, but if it's as worthless as it seems, they could cut their losses by removing the charging docks from future shipments. I see no decrease in charge time when using the dock as opposed to just plugging the cord in.

Less cost to manufacture, less costs to ship... Even if it's only a nickle they're saving a nickle each on over 4 million units is still quite a sum of money.
---
Dynasty Warriors 5 w/Xtreme Legends Progress:
Lv20 common items: 7/10 Rare items: 29/29 Final Weapons: 32/48
#2monskeyPosted 8/15/2011 3:20:40 PM(edited)
I use it.

All. The. Time.

I just find it easier to place it ont he dock then to fiddle around for a cord to insert into the 3DS.

Only time I don't use it is when I plan on having long sessions with the 3D on.
---
3DS FC: 1848-1772-7953
There is a 9/10 chance that this post speaks truth.
#3SF_BahaPosted 8/15/2011 3:10:45 PM
None whatsoever. People will try to tell you it's a godsend, I'm sure, because the convenience of carefully setting something down in a fixed position is worth much more than setting something down without thinking and just pushing a piece of metal into it, but people also eat bugs.
#4niels200683Posted 8/15/2011 3:12:21 PM
It is to increase ease of use & decrease wear & tear on the connection port & cable plug.

I prefer playing with the cord on when I want to keep playing while chargin, but most of the time I come home and just plop it on the charger - it's easier than searching for the adapter, plugging it in, pluggin the plug in the 3DS etc.

This way, it is also always in the same location when I leave for work in the morning - causing me to never forget it like I did with my DS lite (not seeing it lying on the couch - and assuming it should be in my coats inner pocket)
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#5Freakwave003Posted 8/15/2011 3:14:10 PM
Lol, I just realized you didn't need the charging dock to charge the 3DS. I thought since it came with it you had to use it, but I just realized you can just put the cord directly into the 3DS.
#6NyyarkPosted 8/15/2011 3:17:00 PM
It's useful to me as I loose my powercords in the hidden cord jungle that comes from trying not to electrocute my toddler.
#7VobeDarkElfPosted 8/15/2011 4:06:40 PM
Firstly, I like it and use it. I am much more likely to keep my 3DS charged. I wish my iPhone had a quick drop-in charging dock like that. I have a bad habbit of forgetting to charge my phone.

Secondly, just how much money do you think nintendo will save by excluding the charging dock? It's plastic with a tinny bit of metal in it. Seriously, an accessory like this probably only cost them pennies to manufacture.
#8d0wnerPosted 8/15/2011 4:13:14 PM
I use it to charge my system.
---
shoot the core.
#9OmegaZero633Posted 8/15/2011 4:15:36 PM
Yes, I've found a use:
to charge my 3DS.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#10Rainmaker59Posted 8/15/2011 4:16:13 PM
I have two powercords, one from my DSi. I leave one hooked to the charging station for where I place my 3DS when it's not in use. The other I use for recharging the 3DS while playing since I find holding the cradle while playing awkward and bulky. Instead of leaving out the charging cradle, I think they should have included a second powercord.
---
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.
~ John Lennon