So, has any use been found for the charging dock yet?

#31toma13Posted 8/15/2011 8:45:12 PM
It sits on my desk, next to my bed, and I drop my 3DS in there before I go to bed. I suppose I could just plug in the charger, but have the docking station means I can avoid fumbling through the big mess of cords that I already have lying around. Some people seem to think this is completely useless. I happen to find it very convenient. It's not necessary, but it's certainly not useless.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#32elheberPosted 8/15/2011 8:46:13 PM
My charger cords are pretty much all on the floor. The cradle is always on the table.

It's about as useful as those induction charger pads for phones, except not as expensive (and charges just as fast as a cord).
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#33PokeMasterPosted 8/15/2011 8:56:23 PM
The dock is useful to me for:

-Cable management
-Frees up a powerpoint (using a USB charger)
-Reduced wear and tear on usb cable

Otherwise I'd have the cable fall behind my tower each time I unplugged my 3DS.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#34LordAndrewPosted 8/16/2011 8:38:51 AM
Cecil_Del_Sol posted...
People really have a hard time looking through cords? I always keep all of mine in either a bin or a drawer, so there's really no "looking" involved. And they're all coiled nicely, so there's no unnecessary pulling or anything.

That said, I can see the relative usefulness in the dock.

How am I supposed to put it in a bin or drawer? Do you do this while they're plugged in, or unplugged? Neither sounds useful to me.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#35finalkingdom13Posted 8/16/2011 8:46:08 AM
I use it all the time too actually
---
PSN: ZionDood
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4630-3817
#36Fierce_Deity777Posted 8/16/2011 9:00:07 AM
Reptobismol posted...
I hope you guys know that repeatedly putting the thing into the dock (or recharging it at all for that matter) when there's only a little of the battery drained does nothing but expedite the degeneration of the overall battery life.

1. These are not Ni-Cad batteries.
2. Even if they were, the system stops sending power to charge the battery when it's fully charged. (It's based off the power left in the battery, not the time spent charging.)
3.If the statement were true, it really doesn't swing either way as both the charging cradle and the power cord charge the battery in the same manner. The only difference is exterior power terminals that connect to the dock. The solution to this, is not to use the cord in favor over the dock, but rather to just not charge the system if the battery is not low.
---
This post authorized by Adam Malkovich.
#37deggdegg2001Posted 8/16/2011 9:08:55 AM
Let's see, bend over, grab the power cord, plug it in.

OR

Set down the device.

Which is easier?
---
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know binary and make stupid jokes about it.
#38drags_Posted 8/16/2011 9:52:40 AM
gamerguy2800 posted...
I used it about 3 or 4 times but I found it a lot easier to just plug the charging cord into the system itself.

How is grabbing the cable, making sure it is facing the right way then connecting it so much easier than just dropping it in the dock? Yeah its not difficult to just use the cable but it is obviously easier to drop it in the dock. I really like it, it's a nice addition and is always plugged in on the shelf by my PS3. I would like to see more items in the future to include the option to buy docks like this, where you just place it and it charges. Phones, tablets, controllers all could benefit from this drop and charge cradle.
#39vidalmorazaPosted 8/16/2011 9:57:27 AM
I have never used the power chord alone in my 3DS, I have used always the cradle to charge it...
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg