When people do the unlimited coin glitch, it messes up their daily log...

#11PinchekriaPosted 8/15/2011 11:16:44 PM
I really don't care about the activity log. Besides it's already f**** up because I had set the wrong time and date.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5158-0636 Xbox Live/PSN: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#12elheberPosted 8/15/2011 11:38:09 PM
Unlimited doesn't mean free. You still need to walk, people. Or strap the 3DS to your dog. The exploit only allows you to work around the daily cap of coins you can earn for walking.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#13hypermoePosted 8/15/2011 11:41:28 PM
i dont get it how does one get unlimited coins? is there a way to bypass the 300 max?
---
3DS FC: 5412-9893-0504
#14elheberPosted 8/15/2011 11:46:16 PM
You can only earn 10 (?) coins a day. By changing the date (to a date you hadn't earned coins for) after you reach those 10 (?) coins, you can start earning another 10 (?). Do this 30 (?) times to reach the actual maximum limit of 300 coins.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#15jason19192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 12:03:23 AM
elheber posted...
You can only earn 10 (?) coins a day. By changing the date (to a date you hadn't earned coins for) after you reach those 10 (?) coins, you can start earning another 10 (?). Do this 30 (?) times to reach the actual maximum limit of 300 coins.

can you still get more after you spend these play coins?
#16jason19192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 12:03:40 AM
elheber posted...
Unlimited doesn't mean free. You still need to walk, people. Or strap the 3DS to your dog. The exploit only allows you to work around the daily cap of coins you can earn for walking.

no all i do is shake it.
#17Sirian_HawkPosted 8/16/2011 12:04:58 AM
Well I just found a glitch with the coins but it won't get you any faster... just easier?

To start plan your activity (whatever way you move the 3DS to get play coins: walking, shaking, etc.) close to midnight. (you probably want to do something indoors) Anyway, try to time it so that you will hit the 1000 steps as close to midnight as possible. Now just before midnight open the 3DS briefly so that it will show the new coin balance and the steps you have taken. Then close it again and continue increasing your step count until you are sure midnight has happened on the 3DS. Now when you open it, instead of starting the steps over at midnight, it will just count the whole time you spent as one session and carry it over to the new day, and give you another 10 coins.

For example, today I had 37 coins. I started using my exercise bike at 11:40 while holding the 3DS against my leg. At 11:58 I opened it briefly to see that I now had 47 coins and around 1500 steps. Then I reclosed it and continued until 12:01. When I re-opened it I now had 57 coins and over 1600 steps.

Since the exercise session carried over to the next day, it moved the whole set to the new day, and then gave me credit for all those steps again. So I got 20 coins for 1000 steps. (Yes 1600 but I had to guess at the time to start) Just make sure to open it briefly right before midnight so that it exits sleepmode and updates the coin count. Then close it immediately so it doesn't start over.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#18JPdelaGhettoPosted 8/16/2011 12:21:45 AM
People actually walk? Seriously just shake the 3DS around in your hand, even just wiggle it .... for like 5 minutes. Bam there's your ten coins for the day.
---
"This is my gift, it is my curse." - Peter Parker
#19DimbatPosted 8/16/2011 1:03:05 AM
My daily log's not messed up, and I abuse the glitch. Just walk your 1000 steps, change the date to tomorrow, and immediately change it back to the right date, and you can get another 10 coins (even though you've already got the 10 coins for that date). Any games you play or whatever will be on the correct date in the log, the only thing that messes up will be the number of steps taken on that day (I don't know why, it just does) but since I don't really care about that since I'm not taking the 3DS with me everywhere I go, it's already an inaccurate number of how many steps I take in a day.

And the reason I abuse it, is because on my walk to work this way I can get 25 coins, on my walk back there's another 25, and there's even more if I go to the shops on the way home!
---
Goblins, goblins all around!
#20Godstriker8Posted 8/16/2011 3:47:08 AM
It's not a glitch, its more of an exploit
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
If you believe in Zeus, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.