Where can i find a cheap jpn 3ds?

#11baconcow1812Posted 8/16/2011 1:44:00 AM
In Japan. They are only 15,000 yen now.
---
"the hell!?"
#12SkittyOnWailordPosted 8/16/2011 2:54:40 AM
Kenta_PKMN posted...
I dont mean like super cheap
i'd be willing to put 200 bux on it, but i dont like the fact most sites charge almost 20-30 tax and 20 bux shipping like play-asia for example

Play-Asia doesn't charge tax. Or at least they haven't on any of the $3500 worth of stuff I've bought from them over the past 5 years. :/
And IMO their shipping prices are made up for with their fast delivery. I'm in SoCal and I got my Japanese 3DS from them on February 27th and the system's release date was the 26th. :D
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#13PokeMasterPosted 8/16/2011 4:10:57 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Kenta_PKMN posted...
I dont mean like super cheap
i'd be willing to put 200 bux on it, but i dont like the fact most sites charge almost 20-30 tax and 20 bux shipping like play-asia for example

Play-Asia doesn't charge tax. Or at least they haven't on any of the $3500 worth of stuff I've bought from them over the past 5 years. :/
And IMO their shipping prices are made up for with their fast delivery. I'm in SoCal and I got my Japanese 3DS from them on February 27th and the system's release date was the 26th. :D

Weren't they charging like $500 when the 3DS came out.

Which is why I just went to the store instead.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#14SkittyOnWailordPosted 8/17/2011 12:42:54 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Weren't they charging like $500 when the 3DS came out.

Which is why I just went to the store instead.

Yep. And so was everyone on ebay at that time too. :/
---
#15scigeek101Posted 8/17/2011 1:09:31 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Why not try amazon japan / rakuten / yahoo auction jpn or ebay?

Maybe because Amazon Japan and Yahoo Japan won't ship Japanese systems outside Japan? :/

There are companies in Japan that let you rent a PO box there and then they will send your stuff to a foreign address. That way you are able to order stuff from Amazon as you will have a Japanese address. I am not sure if this would be the cheapest way though.
---
Now that Bin Laden is dead let's go after Krazy Kim.
#16PokeMasterPosted 8/17/2011 1:11:01 AM
scigeek101 posted...
PokeMaster posted...
Why not try amazon japan / rakuten / yahoo auction jpn or ebay?

Maybe because Amazon Japan and Yahoo Japan won't ship Japanese systems outside Japan? :/

There are companies in Japan that let you rent a PO box there and then they will send your stuff to a foreign address. That way you are able to order stuff from Amazon as you will have a Japanese address. I am not sure if this would be the cheapest way though.

You don't need a Japanese address to order from Amazon afaik.

But I've got one anyway [jpn address] so maybe I am remembering wrong.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#17SkittyOnWailordPosted 8/17/2011 1:28:44 AM(edited)
scigeek101 posted...

I've head that works too. I might end up doing that some day.

PokeMaster posted...
You don't need a Japanese address to order from Amazon afaik.

But I've got one anyway [jpn address] so maybe I am remembering wrong.

There are certain items that they won't ship outside Japan. Those usually include video games/systems and sometimes DVDs. IIRC they won't ship some TCG products outside the country either.

EDIT: On a random note, Gamestop's Spain website won't ship games to the US either. I tried that a few months ago.
---
#18scigeek101Posted 8/17/2011 1:29:13 AM
You don't need a Japanese address to order books or dvd's from Japan. But all other items will only ship to a Japanese address. (This is due to Manufacturer's agreements and warrenty).
---
Now that Bin Laden is dead let's go after Krazy Kim.