Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled for very good reasons.

#21niels200683Posted 8/16/2011 3:08:16 AM
... Nothing at all - but:

Bionic Commando is slow and clunky too.
So is monster hunter, actually...

Except their fighting / beat 'm up games, which recent Capcom games aren't slow and clunky?
Personally I like this, it forces a more methodical approach to an in-game problem.

Just wanted to state it seems to resonate with Capcom's approach to game design,
so the gameplay itself would not have been a reason to cancel the game.

(p.s. If they cancelled games just because they aren't any good, you can explain Bionic Commando, and Bionic commando Re-armed 2 to me.)

(p.p.s Fan support also does not seem to make a difference to Capcom: Despite massive support, Darkstalkers 3 is not announced yet - and despite massive fan outcry, DMC is still being developed by Ninja Theory. Oh, and megaman is still not in UMvC3, despite ranking higher as a wanted character than any of the other new capcom characters included.)

It seems more like Capcom is, at the moment, ignoring most of their established IPs - instead focussing on new IPs and reimagenings to market to a different crowd than the existing fanbase. Only time will tell if this is going to be a good or a bad thing.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#22SF_BahaPosted 8/16/2011 3:11:03 AM
so the gameplay itself would not have been a reason to cancel the game.

Yeah, I feel the same way, especially when it comes to games like ET on Atari and Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing. Sure, they're dog turds, but they're TRYING to be dog turds......right?
#23Chef_ExcellencePosted 8/16/2011 3:14:07 AM
The Monster Hunter series has basically been built around being clunky and hard to play. No auto aim combined with bad camera is supposed to be part of the challenge, but to me it just seems like bad design. Also that the bland gameplay is back up by long repetitious fights is all that keeps it going.
---
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/SolidSnake2017/chefexcellence.gif
......'An Excellent Post'......
#24nonexistingheroPosted 8/16/2011 3:18:44 AM
The camera in MH is decent enough, but the lack of a lock-on function is stupid.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 3:25:41 AM
SF_Baha posted...
The sole purpose of this topic is to justify the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3. Mentioning the additional reason(s) behind it is to be expected when you don't cover the topic entirely.

The sole purpose of this game is to explain that the lack of financial guarantee for Capcom is why it is cancelled. Not because it is lacking in quality.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#26toma13Posted 8/16/2011 8:20:03 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
The camera in MH is decent enough, but the lack of a lock-on function is stupid.

I actually agree with the lack of a lock-on function. There are so many different areas to target on each monster with different damage and stagger values that lock-on would be too confusing. Once you're good at the game you don't feel like you need it anyway. It would just be a crutch for new players.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#27lambchipsPosted 8/16/2011 8:22:56 AM
Chef_Excellence posted...
The Monster Hunter series has basically been built around being clunky and hard to play. No auto aim combined with bad camera is supposed to be part of the challenge, but to me it just seems like bad design. Also that the bland gameplay is back up by long repetitious fights is all that keeps it going.

not sure if serious...
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#28Taurus910Posted 8/16/2011 8:46:44 AM
lambchips posted...
Chef_Excellence posted...

not sure if serious...

Well he's right...
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
I can't barrel roll away from who I am...
#29OmegaZero633Posted 8/16/2011 8:49:16 AM
Beating a dead horse. :/

Stuff happens, get over it.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#30TBiggzPosted 8/16/2011 8:56:34 AM
that's cuz they made them games overly-complicated. back in the good old days of hardcore, oldschool gaming, it was just megaman and zero and sigma. now we have a bunch of kids find metals and transforming like powerrangers. guess where the powerrangers are now