Question about gamestop deal

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question about gamestop deal
4 years ago#1
If I were to trade both a dsi and a dslite would I get the combined amount off or would they only take one of the systems?
4 years ago#2
you could trade both in but only one of those would give you the bonus.
4 years ago#3
and I would doublecheck. I think the deal was only good for last weekend....
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
4 years ago#4
No I'm on their site right now and theirs still a trade-in deal going on. Its not the same trade in any ds and get it for $99 but if i trade in my dsi I can get it for $110 or $120 for my dslite. But I was wondering if I could trade-in both for the combined $60 and $50 so it's only $60, which would be awsome because I'm on the fence as to whether its worth shelling out $150 for the system and a game. I'd call but they aren't even open yet.
4 years ago#5
I'm guessing you'd get in-store credit for the normal amount for both items, the 60 and 50 amounts (repsectively).

Otherwise, trade one in now, and put it on your pro-rewards card (which you should have, why wouldn't you?). And then, go back a couple days later, and trade the other in.

I see no reason why they wouldn't give you 110 on day one though.
---
Are you finished? I've had enough of your speeches.
And, I've had enough of YOU!
4 years ago#6
Foofyhead posted...

I'm guessing you'd get in-store credit for the normal amount for both items, the 60 and 50 amounts (repsectively).

Otherwise, trade one in now, and put it on your pro-rewards card (which you should have, why wouldn't you?). And then, go back a couple days later, and trade the other in.

I see no reason why they wouldn't give you 110 on day one though.

Because it cost $15 (if I remember correctly) and I don't shop at gamestop very often.

But on the website it doesn't say anything in the fine print that I need a Pro-card let alone the free power up card (which my brother has) so I figure I should be ok. And I'm not entirely sure but wouldn't the trade-in amount be lower if I don't buy the 3DS on the spot?
4 years ago#7
Of course the trade-in amounts change all the time.

And 15 dollars isn't much, considering the hundreds you would save every year.

Anyway, you don't need the pro-card to get the trade in values you're talking about. But, you do need it to get an even better offer.

I'll put it a better way: I traded in a DSLite, and got a new 3DS for 99.99 (with my card). That's 70 dollars off.

Now, I trade in a DSLite without the card (for a new 3DS), and I have to pay 119.99.

Guess what? You become a member for 15 dollars, that's 5 dollars less than the difference in trade-in value for non-members.

The point is, you would actually save 5 dollars by getting a card now, even if you never use it again.
---
Are you finished? I've had enough of your speeches.
And, I've had enough of YOU!
4 years ago#8
Foofyhead posted...
Of course the trade-in amounts change all the time.

And 15 dollars isn't much, considering the hundreds you would save every year.

Anyway, you don't need the pro-card to get the trade in values you're talking about. But, you do need it to get an even better offer.

I'll put it a better way: I traded in a DSLite, and got a new 3DS for 99.99 (with my card). That's 70 dollars off.

Now, I trade in a DSLite without the card (for a new 3DS), and I have to pay 119.99.

Guess what? You become a member for 15 dollars, that's 5 dollars less than the difference in trade-in value for non-members.

The point is, you would actually save 5 dollars by getting a card now, even if you never use it again.

I see your point, but I don't shop at gamestop enough to save any where close to even $100. And I'm pretty sure that "trade any DS and get 3DS for $99" ended last weekend right (I dunno tho I just recently got back from England after 3 weeks away). If not tho, then sure that is a deal.
4 years ago#9
Best Buy will give you $50 gift card for the Lite and $75 for the DSI.
Do not know how long this will last though.
4 years ago#10
LurtzOfIsengard posted...
Best Buy will give you $50 gift card for the Lite and $75 for the DSI.
Do not know how long this will last though.

Is there an Ad or anything for this? Its just the closest Best Buy is 45mins away and I don't want to go all the way up there to find out they wont do it anymore or anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question about gamestop deal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived