Question about gamestop deal

#1pandawok56Posted 8/16/2011 6:06:18 AM
If I were to trade both a dsi and a dslite would I get the combined amount off or would they only take one of the systems?
#2marvelguyPosted 8/16/2011 6:13:32 AM
you could trade both in but only one of those would give you the bonus.
#3shinjix2Posted 8/16/2011 6:36:49 AM
and I would doublecheck. I think the deal was only good for last weekend....
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#4pandawok56(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 6:47:46 AM
No I'm on their site right now and theirs still a trade-in deal going on. Its not the same trade in any ds and get it for $99 but if i trade in my dsi I can get it for $110 or $120 for my dslite. But I was wondering if I could trade-in both for the combined $60 and $50 so it's only $60, which would be awsome because I'm on the fence as to whether its worth shelling out $150 for the system and a game. I'd call but they aren't even open yet.
#5FoofyheadPosted 8/16/2011 6:50:51 AM
I'm guessing you'd get in-store credit for the normal amount for both items, the 60 and 50 amounts (repsectively).

Otherwise, trade one in now, and put it on your pro-rewards card (which you should have, why wouldn't you?). And then, go back a couple days later, and trade the other in.

I see no reason why they wouldn't give you 110 on day one though.
---
Are you finished? I've had enough of your speeches.
And, I've had enough of YOU!
#6pandawok56(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 6:58:32 AM
Foofyhead posted...

I'm guessing you'd get in-store credit for the normal amount for both items, the 60 and 50 amounts (repsectively).

Otherwise, trade one in now, and put it on your pro-rewards card (which you should have, why wouldn't you?). And then, go back a couple days later, and trade the other in.

I see no reason why they wouldn't give you 110 on day one though.

Because it cost $15 (if I remember correctly) and I don't shop at gamestop very often.

But on the website it doesn't say anything in the fine print that I need a Pro-card let alone the free power up card (which my brother has) so I figure I should be ok. And I'm not entirely sure but wouldn't the trade-in amount be lower if I don't buy the 3DS on the spot?
#7FoofyheadPosted 8/16/2011 7:16:51 AM
Of course the trade-in amounts change all the time.

And 15 dollars isn't much, considering the hundreds you would save every year.

Anyway, you don't need the pro-card to get the trade in values you're talking about. But, you do need it to get an even better offer.

I'll put it a better way: I traded in a DSLite, and got a new 3DS for 99.99 (with my card). That's 70 dollars off.

Now, I trade in a DSLite without the card (for a new 3DS), and I have to pay 119.99.

Guess what? You become a member for 15 dollars, that's 5 dollars less than the difference in trade-in value for non-members.

The point is, you would actually save 5 dollars by getting a card now, even if you never use it again.
---
Are you finished? I've had enough of your speeches.
And, I've had enough of YOU!
#8pandawok56(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 7:29:13 AM
Foofyhead posted...
Of course the trade-in amounts change all the time.

And 15 dollars isn't much, considering the hundreds you would save every year.

Anyway, you don't need the pro-card to get the trade in values you're talking about. But, you do need it to get an even better offer.

I'll put it a better way: I traded in a DSLite, and got a new 3DS for 99.99 (with my card). That's 70 dollars off.

Now, I trade in a DSLite without the card (for a new 3DS), and I have to pay 119.99.

Guess what? You become a member for 15 dollars, that's 5 dollars less than the difference in trade-in value for non-members.

The point is, you would actually save 5 dollars by getting a card now, even if you never use it again.

I see your point, but I don't shop at gamestop enough to save any where close to even $100. And I'm pretty sure that "trade any DS and get 3DS for $99" ended last weekend right (I dunno tho I just recently got back from England after 3 weeks away). If not tho, then sure that is a deal.
#9LurtzOfIsengardPosted 8/16/2011 7:31:32 AM
Best Buy will give you $50 gift card for the Lite and $75 for the DSI.
Do not know how long this will last though.
#10pandawok56(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 7:34:46 AM
LurtzOfIsengard posted...
Best Buy will give you $50 gift card for the Lite and $75 for the DSI.
Do not know how long this will last though.

Is there an Ad or anything for this? Its just the closest Best Buy is 45mins away and I don't want to go all the way up there to find out they wont do it anymore or anything.