Nintendo 3DS sold 207k last week in Japan due to price drop

#1ixoriaPosted 8/16/2011 5:21:45 AM
Radio Nikkei reports that Nintendo 3DS sold 207,000 units between 8-14 August, thanks to the price drop. This is the second highest weekly sales for the machine, beating out the second week after launch (206k)

The bad news is, come week 2 it will be back to its below average. Until Nintendo finds a way to fix this lacking games issue, and not to mention fix its flawed hardware design that makes 3ds scratch its screen.

But the worse news is this will probably the last time 3ds will sold 200k units in a week cause Nintendo cannot afford another $80 price cut in a long long time. Not to mention PS Vita will be arriving on Japan soon, another troublesome to the already troubled 3ds.
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 8/16/2011 5:25:43 AM(edited)
Wow nice troll post

And enterbrain actually has the total at 215k+ now...........

Not to mention the 3ds has been number 1 in japan well before the price drop........... And there are alot of good games now, and more coming starting this month basically

And at a price of 170 dollars another price drop wont be needed as this is the right price.
#3KongNinjaPosted 8/16/2011 7:23:08 AM
ixoria posted...
trololololol.

How have you not been banned yet?
---
Narwhals, Narwhals, swimmin' in the ocean, causin' a commotion, 'cause they are so awesome.
#4LordAndrewPosted 8/16/2011 7:30:56 AM
ixoria posted...

Stopped reading here.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#5TBiggzPosted 8/16/2011 7:37:41 AM
this is like when companies have going out of business sales.
you know who else slashed prices like this? sega. what for? the dreamcast
#6VampiricDragon_Posted 8/16/2011 7:39:44 AM
TBiggz posted...

yeah because its exactly the same situation...................LOL
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#7LHS_2012Posted 8/16/2011 7:40:17 AM
TBiggz posted...

Companies don't go out of business when they're sitting on billions of dollars. But it's not like you're a dumbass, so you probably knew that.
---
Just look at all those Whos down at Whoville, singing, dancing, enjoying their games! ~ Grandy12
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#8OmegaZero633Posted 8/16/2011 7:42:28 AM
LordAndrew posted...
ixoria posted...

Stopped reading here.

Indeed.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#9TBiggzPosted 8/16/2011 7:43:44 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
Companies don't go out of business when they're sitting on billions of dollars. But it's not like you're a dumbass, so you probably knew that.

You don't know anything about business and economics, do you? That's called "taking the money and running." It's a widely successful fallback strategy which allows companies to retain a tremendous amount of financial resources which can be put towards a new company. In Nintendo's case, they're going to be far ahead of Sega when they start working for iOS, Sony and Microsoft platforms.
#10MagoziPosted 8/16/2011 7:45:35 AM
Oh god why did you bump this I was just hoping this would die a horrible death and would never be seen again but now it will haunt my nightmares forever and ever.