Think the 3DS's original price might have created a problem?

#1Dragon lord27Posted 8/16/2011 9:06:58 AM
For the Vita that is.

Public mindset is everything.
It doesn't matter if the hardware is worth it or not.
If the masses have perceived that 250$ is to much for a handheld do you think it could be detrimental to the Vita?
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~
#2TBiggzPosted 8/16/2011 9:17:52 AM
It might. Nintendo used an underhanded tactic which could work. But it also might not work because the Vita does offer a lot of excellent features, even considering the price. Core gamers and technology enthusiasts will recognize that.
#3ZanoPizzaPosted 8/16/2011 9:20:34 AM
250 for the vita is a damn good deal.
#4skawo93Posted 8/16/2011 9:22:00 AM
TBiggz posted...
It might. Nintendo used an underhanded tactic which could work. But it also might not work because the Vita does offer a lot of excellent features, even considering the price. Core gamers and technology enthusiasts will recognize that.

Core gamers and technology enthusiasts alone won't make the console ''win''.
---
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/skawo96/W.jpg
Run! Run away!
#5OmegaZero633Posted 8/16/2011 9:24:32 AM
TBiggz posted...

Core gamers/tech enthusiasts =/= general public. :/

Most of my co-workers don't know or care about the Vita, and have only heard of the 3DS because the price drop was on Yahoo news. :/

Which is too bad, because IMO the Vita is more then worth the price.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#6thanthenPosted 8/16/2011 9:27:02 AM(edited)
No, I think people going blind had something to do with it, that and poor game lineup. Vita won't have those problems.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#7xCha0sPosted 8/16/2011 9:27:33 AM
ps2 launched very poorly at 310 w/gran turismo bundle..i believe it didnt drop to 250 for a year and that ended up the most successful console of all time.
#8Dragon lord27(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 9:28:16 AM
thanthen posted...
No, I think people going blind had something to do with it, that and poor game lineup. Vita won't have those problems.

Excuse me sir.
Your uncouth fact checking ability seems to be out of order and your hyperbole machine was left running.

You might want to get that checked out.
---
#9Dragon lord27(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 9:30:52 AM
xCha0s posted...
ps2 launched very poorly at 310 w/gran turismo bundle..i believe it didnt drop to 250 for a year and that ended up the most successful console of all time.

Console =/= a handheld and never will.

A more accurate example would be the PSP which launched at 300 IIRC.
It didn't outshine the DS at all but was still a quality machine. Albeit a bit lacking in the games library if you aren't into remakes.

It however had the Multimedia Player factor going for it. Being an mp3 player and photo viewer. Something that was a rarity five years ago but is more commonplace now.
---
#10xCha0sPosted 8/16/2011 9:37:52 AM
the DS launched the ugliest handheld brick ever made at 150 dollars with one of the worst games ever made (yoshi touch & go) and everyone thought it sucked, and psp would slaughter it, and it's the second best selling console of all time