Since when talking to a Gamestop manager/worker is legit?

#1PkjoanPosted 8/16/2011 6:31:06 PM
So i just ask the guy "Do you know about ambassador list?"
The guy said "According to our official list these are the twenty games announced"
Me: Are you sure that Pokemon Emerald is one of the ambassador?
Guy: Yes, is in the list!
Me: Did you received it from Nintendo?
Guy: This is the list we got, this is official
Me: But did you really obtained it from Nintendo?
Guy: I don't know about the store, but the manager told me it's official
Me: what?

Anyways... Are gamestop people the most trusted source of information?

My answer is NO!
---
Nintendo 3DS- Nintendo found 3 ways to Destroy Sony
Official Nintendo 3DS Ambassador
#2MrPachinksPosted 8/16/2011 6:32:35 PM
You just realized? >_>
---
#3Retrostarman87Posted 8/16/2011 6:32:40 PM
What else was on the list?
---
The Gamecube was totally underrated.
People who Agree: 80 Tell me if you agree!
#4Starwars4JPosted 8/16/2011 6:33:24 PM
Um, thanks? Did you totally miss how everyone mocks information that comes from Gamestop employees, or are you making some terribly parody? We all know they're unreliable.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5Pkjoan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 6:35:29 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Um, thanks? Did you totally miss how everyone mocks information that comes from Gamestop employees, or are you making some terribly parody? We all know they're unreliable.

I know! And the worst thing is that he was watching P0rN.
---
#6MrPachinksPosted 8/16/2011 6:36:49 PM
LOL priceless
---
#7JigglyJinjoPosted 8/16/2011 6:38:55 PM
one employee there told me that the dsi was able to play n64 games off the wii's vc
---
why come there are so many locusts? do they have sex with each other then get both pregnant and give birth to 10 babies or what.~ miczz
#8NinjaKitsunePosted 8/16/2011 6:39:46 PM

I think after enough bull**** some people just feel the need to vent about it somewhere. Either that or stories of gamestop idiocy are like those stories you share around the campfire. Some sort of bonding thing.
---
Attention de--oh my God, it's Jackie Chan!
#9Pkjoan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 6:40:48 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...
I think after enough bull**** some people just feel the need to vent about it somewhere. Either that or stories of gamestop idiocy are like those stories you share around the campfire. Some sort of bonding thing.

I love it!
---
#10AstralFearPosted 8/16/2011 7:05:11 PM
I work at Gamestop and it is very unpleasing reading this topic. I haven't been to work yet so can't confirm if Gamestop received a list about the ambassador games(doubt we did get a list). But I guess it's karma in action that I know us GS employees are talked about as negatively as we talk about idiot consumers.

Because I come to sites like this and game sites, I am fortunately one employee that knows certain aspects about games before Gamestop even gets information. Most employees that work at Gamestop know little about games let alone pays any attention to games and recieve information late(especially if they worked from opening to mid shift).

But... then again if I don't know anything about whatever a customer asks, and I just tell them I don't know, haven't heard anything about it. Then I look it up when I get off work.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5578-9773 AstralFear
Games I want: Vita: 12 3DS: 4(will see what next year brings)