Kotaku's own take on 3DS eye damage: Doctor interview

#111nuclearratchetPosted 8/16/2011 11:54:21 PM
ixoria posted...
Number43 posted...
Considering the prevalence of 3D movies in theaters these days, if this was a real and significant danger we'd be hearing a lot more reports of problems.

There's no provlem watching 3D movies in theaters because we only do it rarely and it only last for 1 to 2hrs not to mention in just those few hours you will hear alot are getting headaches and eyestrains. Now imagine 3DS, 3-5hrs a day. That's killing your eyes. Watching television already harms your eyes, 3D is multiply of 10.

isnt ixoria like a yugioh monster or somethng?
#112LtColKilgore79Posted 8/17/2011 12:05:27 AM
Vita fantrolls: you are the apogee of gaming aficionados. God Bless You!
---
Hyped for red 3DS and many awesome 3DS games down the line, also the Vita and Japanese Vita releases.
#113LightHawKnightPosted 8/17/2011 12:12:23 AM
Lets talk about racs and how many people they kill a year and how we should stay far far far away from racs from now on.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#114whitemogsPosted 8/17/2011 12:13:14 AM
guys take vitamin G, F, and W oh and don't forget vitamin T for your teeth and glaucoma
---
Marvel vs Capcom 3 PSN DARKHADOU19877
Tatsunoko vs capcom FC 1248 0778 4569 ----- >VIEWTIFL
#115ixoria(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2011 2:22:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#116LtColKilgore79Posted 8/17/2011 2:25:23 AM
Too bad no one actually cares. We just want you to go away cuz ur annoying and stuff.
---
Hyped for red 3DS and many awesome 3DS games down the line, also the Vita and Japanese Vita releases.
#117LemonKweenstaaaPosted 8/17/2011 9:44:47 AM
ixoria posted...
Number43 posted...
Considering the prevalence of 3D movies in theaters these days, if this was a real and significant danger we'd be hearing a lot more reports of problems.

There's no provlem watching 3D movies in theaters because we only do it rarely and it only last for 1 to 2hrs not to mention in just those few hours you will hear alot are getting headaches and eyestrains. Now imagine 3DS, 3-5hrs a day. That's killing your eyes. Watching television already harms your eyes, 3D is multiply of 10.

What about 3D televisions?
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/a0gnys.png <3 Splash Woman
#118Simon_IsturizPosted 8/17/2011 12:01:38 PM
Let me make this clear for SF_Baha, which at this point has only been embarrassing himself post after post.

A quote from the American Optometric Association themselves...

"The American Optometric Association (AOA), representing America’s family eye doctors (optometrists), says 3D in movies, TV and even 3D on Nintendo's 3DS isn't necessarily bad for adults or children. In fact, optometrists, professional health care providers committed to children’s vision and eye health, say 3D viewing may actually help uncover subtle disorders that, left uncorrected, often result in learning difficulties. "

There we have it. 3D viewing is not harmful to both children under 7 with normal vision AND children under 7 with abnormal vision. In fact, it is recommended for children with abnormal vision to view this 3D screen as doing so will uncover optical disorders that would otherwise not be noticed until later in the child's life.

http://www.aoa.org/x17309.xml
#119SF_BahaPosted 8/17/2011 1:57:46 PM(edited)
There we have it. 3D viewing is not harmful to both children under 7 with normal vision AND children under 7 with abnormal vision.

I hope you realize that what you posted doesn't say this.... at all....right?

Edit: I so called this, by the way. The friend I was having giggle fits with on AIM last night was told that I just knew a few people were going to come in and try to say how wrong I was.

It's always good to share a laugh.
#120Simon_IsturizPosted 8/17/2011 2:27:10 PM
SF_Baha posted...
There we have it. 3D viewing is not harmful to both children under 7 with normal vision AND children under 7 with abnormal vision.

I hope you realize that what you posted doesn't say this.... at all....right?.

If you have any sort of reading comprehension, it does.

In fact, optometrists, professional health care providers committed to children’s vision and eye health, say 3D viewing may actually help uncover subtle disorders that, left uncorrected, often result in learning difficulties.

For children who have visual disorders, 3D-screen viewing is recommended in order to find these subtle abnormalities which cannot be diagnosed from current eye exam tests found in schools and pediatrician offices.

But since we can't identify which kids have these disorders (otherwise this test wouldn't be necessary), the AOA recommends that kids in general can view 3D without fear. Kids who cannot properly appreciate the 3D are then identified as potential harborers are these rare disorders.

You are a silly person.