Spotpass Light

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Spotpass Light
5 years ago#1
So after reading up and searching all over alot of forums and this one I have no idea and I'm super confused about the spotpass/streetpass light on the corner of the 3ds when you put it in sleep mode with it folded together/closed.

What triggers this spotpass light to light up ? Since I dont have a game that triggers this I only have Orcarina of Time , I have no way to check whether or not my spotpass light is broken and I guess its kind of making me paranoid . Doesnt help that I have no friends with a ds so I cannot check friends list for the orange light either and it takes forever to get a red light since im kind of OCD and kind of keep charging it.

Is there anyone out there that knows what exactly will trigger the blue light to turn on ? I have tried downloading ninenteo video but it does not trigger this spotpass light when the videos finish downloading , only the blue marker on the icon when I open up the ds and look at the app menu itself.

Please help ><
3DS friend code : 4768-7632-7518
pm me your friend code if your gonna add me!!
5 years ago#2
Nintendo video doesn't light the blue light for me, but i have a bunch of friend on friends list and streetpass my bro all the time. My light works fine with those functions so, im sure yours does too.
This message was typed from my 3DS.
3DS FC: 1934 - 0688 - 0329
5 years ago#3
I've noticed that too. I get the blue light on a weekly basis when Samurai Warriors Chronicles updates with some new content, or whenever a notification goes out.

Try walking around with your 3DS, you might even get a green StreetPass light from another 3DS user :)
5 years ago#4
I have a question, what kind of light do you get for when friends come online ? Does the light stay on until they log off ? Or does it just blink a few times and goes away ?gah this is driving me crazy
5 years ago#5
The friend light blinks orange for a few times then stops
You forget, fool! This Purugly flies!
5 years ago#6
When your friends get online, the led turns orange (which always surprises me, because I think it's the battery indicator). If you go to the menu after that, there's a message on the bottom of the top screen that tells you how many friends are on at that moment.

Here, why not add me to your friends list: 0130-1821-1854
5 years ago#7
forgetpanda posted...
Does it just blink a few times and goes away ?gah this is driving me crazy

Yes, orange, in fact.
5 years ago#8
forgetpanda posted...
I have a question, what kind of light do you get for when friends come online ? Does the light stay on until they log off ? Or does it just blink a few times and goes away ?gah this is driving me crazy

It explains the different lights and blinking patterns in the manual.
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
5 years ago#9
okay adding you bblackford!
5 years ago#10
Add me panda! FC in sig.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Spotpass Light

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived