Just got a 3DS and OoT for $100

#1Yusuke001Posted 8/17/2011 12:28:21 PM
I had a couple of used games I just picked up this past weekend, and I knew I could return for about $40, so when I was thinking of what to buy I came across the trade 3 games get $10 extra deal. So I was like "**** it" and traded in like 8 games, I had 9 but Dissidia 012 was still in my PSP lol, so yeah. I still got $90 credit, plus the $40 from returns so it only ended up costing me about $100.

Anyway, since OoT was the only 3DS game I cared to get right now, anyone have some DS recommendations? I previously owned a DS a year or 2 ago and played FF4 and Jump Ultimate Stars, but after I was bored with those I just sold all of it. Here's a list of games I tried to find at gamestop that I was interested in, but either I couldn't find them, or I didn't want to pay that much for them.

Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals - Couldn't find it, ordered it on Amazon though. I know it looks like a crappy re-imagining of the original game(which is one of my all time favorites btw), but I want to play it anyway because I love Lufia.

Super Mario 64 DS - Found it, but I wasn't going to pay $25-$30 for a launch DS game. Seriously Nintendo? This game has been out for nearly 7 years and your still pricing this game that high? Oh well, I played this one awhile back as well when my brother had a DS at launch, but I just played the mini games and thought they were fun. I ordered this one online as well for like $15.

Chrono Trigger - Didn't find it, but I'm on the fence about getting it. I love the original, but I can play it any time I want, is there any incentive to getting it on the DS if I already have it on SNES?

Bleach The 3rd Phantom - Couldn't find it, is it even worth getting?

The World Ends With You - Same as Bleach

Super Robot Taisen Endless Frontier - ^

Dragon Quest games - I found 4, 6, and 9, but I wasn't going to pay $30 plus for any of them without more research. I didn't really get into DQ8 on the PS2, are any of the DQ DS games very different from 8? I played 7 back in the day on PS and it was alright, but I've never been a big DQ guy.

That's about all I looked for, as you can see other then Mario, it's all RPGs. That's mainly what I play, but I'm open to any suggestions. Going over all that, I suppose I'd probably be better served posting this on the DS board, but oh well, I'll post it there if I don't get much action here I guess.
---
TvC FC: 3739-0938-3148 Name: Amon
PSN: LordAmon15
#2Megaman50100Posted 8/17/2011 12:29:30 PM
So really you got a 3DS and LoZ for normal price.
---
move all remaining groundhog mercenaries to the front lines. Have sheep troopers squadrons A and B flank the cows. They're using DC-17 hoof blasters.
#3trenkenPosted 8/17/2011 12:29:34 PM
TL:DR, but that's a hell of a deal. Don't know how you managed that.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#4Second_ChancesPosted 8/17/2011 12:29:39 PM
If you traded stuff in you didn't really get it for 100, you still got it for 210. You just had to use Credit, not real cash for it.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#5BroncavPosted 8/17/2011 12:31:19 PM
Yusuke001 posted...
I had a couple of used games I just picked up this past weekend, and I knew I could return for about $40, so when I was thinking of what to buy I came across the trade 3 games get $10 extra deal. So I was like "**** it" and traded in like 8 games, I had 9 but Dissidia 012 was still in my PSP lol, so yeah. I still got $90 credit, plus the $40 from returns so it only ended up costing me about $100.

Why do people always think that they got a "great bargain" when they bought something using a big amount of trade-ins.

In short, you didn't get the console and game for $100 - You got them for $100 in cash, plus an armload in lost value in games.
---
Being a fanboy = Dedicating yourself to and defending a piece of plastic, made by a corporation that doesn't care about you anyway.
#6Yusuke001(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2011 12:31:54 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like I got them both straight up for $100 lol, that's why I explained I traded games and used store credit, which led to me only having to pay $100 for both.
---
#7MyDogSkipPosted 8/17/2011 12:32:06 PM
That's like using Amazon credit to buy a game and saying you got it for less than the price.

BTW, TWEWY is very worth a playthrough.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#8Dragon lord27Posted 8/17/2011 12:33:51 PM
Lufia is REEALLY god damn different.
But....I dare say it's a fun game.
It's not a turn based anymore, which thank god for. The original Lufia was really good a decade and a half ago. But that system...outdaaaated.

The World Ends With You.
One of the most fun RPGs on the DS. It's different and has you on your toes constantly by using both screens. It sounds challenging but once you actually take ten minutes to learn...it's rewarding.
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~
#9Yusuke001(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2011 12:44:05 PM
Why do people always think that they got a "great bargain" when they bought something using a big amount of trade-ins.

In short, you didn't get the console and game for $100 - You got them for $100 in cash, plus an armload in lost value in games.

Depends on the person, to me it was worth it though. I mean it was 8 games that I'm not going to play again, and I honestly didn't want to put 8 separate games for 3 different systems up on ebay, and have to ship 8 separate packages just to make a little more money, when I can knock off $90 instantly off new $3DS.

Some of the games I traded in, like Marvel vs Capcom 3, are basically obsolete with UMvC3 coming out, so it's not like I'm hurting for losing these games. If I'm never going to put them up on ebay, then I might as well trade them in and get something for them. Don't get me wrong though, there are games I put on ebay from time to time, and there are certain games I have now that I won't play again, but I won't trade them into gamestop either because I eventually do plan to sell them on ebay.

Stuff like the limited edition of Record of Agarest War, I can sell that for a good $50+ probably, so there's no need to get that severely under valued by trading it in.

Lufia is REEALLY god damn different.
But....I dare say it's a fun game.
It's not a turn based anymore, which thank god for. The original Lufia was really good a decade and a half ago. But that system...outdaaaated.

I know it's different, but I still want to play it. Lufia 2 is one of my all time favorite RPGs on the SNES(still hoping it gets put on the VC for the Wii), but I don't mind the old school gameplay on it.

I'll probably pick up TWEWY at some point, I should probably play what I have and not overload myself on games. I did that with the PSP and didn't play half of them, so I need to avoid wasting money.
---
#10ashockeyPosted 8/17/2011 12:46:28 PM
Radiant historia. Time traveling RPG, kind of like chrono trigger.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.8