Be honest with me.

#1DangerlessPosted 8/19/2011 1:36:51 AM
Basically, I'm asking should I drop $230 or so for a 3DS with some game or should I invest around that same amount on tons of games for GCN? There are quite a few I'd like to buy for GCN while the 3DS not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to still get the 3DS but I don't want to go both ways so I turn to you guys for a straight answer.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.
#2supermariorpg3dPosted 8/19/2011 1:39:42 AM
get the gamecube games i wish i had more than sonic adventure 2 sunshine both sonic collections and heroes
---
Nintendo 3ds ambassador
#3jayman7Posted 8/19/2011 1:39:52 AM
...Gamecube? The system that was replaced five years ago? Okay, whatever, to each his/her own.

There isn't much for the 3DS right now (the best game is an Ocarina of Time remake), but it's getting some probably-good original games starting in November, if that helps sway you.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4chris1001 the sequelPosted 8/19/2011 1:40:38 AM
Really this is a question only you can answer. Look at the GC games you want. Now look at the games for the 3DS out now and coming out over the next several months. Which interests you more.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#5fire2boxPosted 8/19/2011 1:41:55 AM(edited)
get the gamecube games. They will become more rare with time and as such only increase in price. The 3DS will only drop lower in price and increase in availability.

This is how it is with all technology anyways.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#6LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 8/19/2011 1:42:10 AM
Dangerless posted...
Basically, I'm asking should I drop $230 or so for a 3DS with some game or should I invest around that same amount on tons of games for GCN? There are quite a few I'd like to buy for GCN while the 3DS not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to still get the 3DS but I don't want to go both ways so I turn to you guys for a straight answer.

Your better off buying the 3DS post holiday season since there'll be great games such as Tales of the Abyss and the Mario games that'll be easy to fimd. Also, it's best to buy GCN games asap before they become high in demand.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
"Men are FIGHTING SPIRIT" Oga Tatsumi
#7Dangerless(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 1:58:19 AM
Thanks for most of the input guys. I have been keeping up to date with the newer games being released in due time and there is quite of a few I'm looking forward to myself.

I've played a 3DS of course and enjoyed the experience I had with it but it wasn't mine and I wasn't to happy about spending $249.99 at the time and since it got the drop price I thought 'Maybe..' the lack of games doesn't bother me that much. I would still enjoy it though, OoT, the eshop and some of the installed games already on it and of course it being portable.

On the GCN side there are plenty of titles I have played but never owned and since I had the money to drop at this time, I was thinking of titles such as Wind Waker, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario and among many others. Couple of which were a bit high...I was surprised at the asking price for couple of the games I've been looking at.

The other problem is that I only have a Wii and I've heard that it can overheat the memory card (is this from WiiConnect 24?) and it kinda hurts me to have to buy a GCN if that problem still exists. Because that's another $20 or so to spend.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.
#8VFXmanPosted 8/19/2011 2:03:03 AM
Search your heart, it will guide you to your conclusion.
---
FC: 3652-0661-2129 (Gravy)
Compromise, my friend, is the essence of diplomacy, and diplomacy is the cornerstone of love... sweeeeeet looooOOOve!!
#9simondakingPosted 8/19/2011 2:05:01 AM
You can play gamecube games on the wii, but if you are looking for a good deal 2nd hand gamecubes seem to sell really cheap on ebay.
#10hyrulelslPosted 8/19/2011 2:16:13 AM
gamecube games
---
So many moms, so little time.