Is there any reason why Nintendo isn't throwing big hitters on eShop?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is there any reason why Nintendo isn't throwing big hitters on eShop?
4 years ago#1
Games like Megaman,Contra,Duck Tales,Batman NES or Zelda would really help the 3DS now.

Especially if they would remaster them in 3D.

Instead Nintendo is throwing games like....Urban Champion.Games that no one really wants to remember or replay.

What is Nintendo thinking?
Maybe there are license issues? I just can't understand this.
---
Browser:Error 404
4 years ago#2
Cageblade posted...
Games like Megaman,Contra,Duck Tales,Batman NES or Zelda would really help the 3DS now.

80% of those games are third party. two of them are licensed. Chances are slim we'll ever see Batman or DuckTales.
---
Now we know...
AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!!!
4 years ago#3
I'm pretty sure they overshot their estimate of how popular the eShop would be. Short answer is that Nintendo is pacing their releases, extending the longevity of the eShop by releasing the big names slowly (and getting more sales on lesser known games).

Less short answer: Would you really buy Radar Mission or Baseball if you had Super Mario Land 2 and Pokemon Red?

However, looking at the Europe VC releases lined up, I'm pretty sure Nintendo of Europe at least is stepping it up and realizing that it's good to listen to fans for once and stop being so stuck up.
4 years ago#4
They obviously start with weaker games that starved gamers are 'forced' to buy. As long as clowns spend $6 on 3D 'classics', why wouldn't they.
4 years ago#5
Super Mario World. Super Mario World. Did I mention Super Mario World? I also really wanna see Wario Land; I've been kinda in a platforming mood lately.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC: 3866-8144-2758 | I am a brony. IMO: Pinkie = Applejack > Fluttershy > Rarity > Rainbow > Twilight
4 years ago#6
It didn't work with the Wii, and it won't work with the 3DS. I remember waiting for games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, but by the time they were actually released on the VC I hadn't played Wii in years so I never bothered picking them up. It was a missed opportunity and I'm sure I'm not alone.

They need to release more big games early to draw interest, not wait until they have a larger install base. Nintendo has become so out of touch that it's disgusting.
---
"Talk to the hand, girlfriend...! For I am Bang Shishigami!"
- Bang Shishigami to Iron Tager, BlazBlue
4 years ago#7
"Short answer is that Nintendo is pacing their releases, extending the longevity of the eShop by releasing the big names slowly (and getting more sales on lesser known games)."

yeah look how well that turned out for wii vc. barely 20 n64 titles in the space of 5 years. pathetic.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
4 years ago#8
DeathSoul2000 posted...
yeah look how well that turned out for wii vc. barely 20 n64 titles in the space of 5 years. pathetic.

Well, it took Nintendo until now to actually try to take online seriously but they're sputtering there. Nintendo's a Japanese company and that means they don't learn until they get a boot up their ass (Nintendo's recent financial letdowns).
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is there any reason why Nintendo isn't throwing big hitters on eShop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived