First-party DS Year One vs. First-party 3DS Year One, a side-by-side comparision

#31mjc0961Posted 8/22/2011 10:24:53 PM

Meteos isn't first party, isn't there a Meteos on the XBox?

Checked, yeah, Meteos Wars, on XBLA. Doesn't count. Still a cool game.

You are correct sir, Meteos is not first party. It is third party (Nintendo wasn't even the only publisher).

Let's actually break this down so we can see how wrong the TC was in his lists:

Super Mario 64 DS - first party
WarioWare: Touched! - first party
Yoshi Touch & Go - first party
Pokémon Dash - second party
Polarium - third party
Kirby: Canvas Curse - first party
Meteos - third party
Nintendogs (4 versions) - first party
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - first party
Trace Memory - second party (or third, depending on how you want to look at it. in no way was it first party though)
Metroid Prime Pinball - third party
Mario Kart DS - first party

nintendogs + cats - first party
Pilotwings Resort - second party
Steel Diver - first party
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - first/third party (co-developed by Nintendo and Greezo, a third party developer)
Star Fox 64 3D - first/third party (same as above, but replace Greezo with Q Games)
Pokémon Rumble Blast - second party
Super Mario 3D Land - first party
Mario Kart 7 - first party
Kid Icarus: Uprising - first party
Luigi's Mansion 2 - second party

TC, do you know why they're called first or third party developers? Because what matters is who developed the game, not who published it.
---
YOU'RE a pie chart.
#32Megaman OmegaPosted 8/23/2011 3:34:19 AM(edited)
strongo9 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
strongo9 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
theabomination posted...
Super Mario 64 DS was not a port.

Of course it is a port. Do you even know what a port is?

You're the one who doesn't know what a port is. Ports do not have any changes to them at all.

Ports can have as much change as they want. Without any change it wouldn't even run on a different system so your claim is ridiculous. So you don't know what ports and remakes are? Go play something like Pokemon FRLG/HGSS or FF3/4 DS. These are remakes. SM64 DS isn't.

I'm not even sure if you're being serious anymore. SM 64 DS is way more of a remake than the Pokemon remakes. How is a game that added new characters, upgraded the graphics, added more stars, added new areas, added minigames, and much more not a remake? SM 64 DS has some of the most new content of any remake out there. Try again kid.

"Try again kid"? Is that how you argue? How sad, might as well burn the word "loser" on your forehead.

Anyway, perhaps you should try reading my post and what i said instead of just ignoring it. I'll try to explain it to you one last time: Super Mario 64 DS is a port. They took the game, ported it to the DS and added new contents. The minigames, the 30 extra stars, the added characters, the different start. It's an enhanced port. OoT 3D also is an enhanced port, you could even say it's an enhanced compilation of OoT and MQ.

In both cases, you got the same physics, most of the bugs in the original games still work, it has the same engine. It's totally clear that they ported the game and then added content to it. It's absolutely ridiculous that you just flat-out deny it.

For a game to be a remake, its engine has to be made from scratch (like FF3/4) or at least be taken from a different game (like FRLG or HGSS).
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#33VampiricDragon_Posted 8/23/2011 3:17:37 AM
even though it hasnt even been a year for the 3ds..........I would take its lineup every time.............
---
Games to Watch: Ninokuni PS3,SRW OG 2,Dragon Quest X, Beyond the Labyrinth,Paper Mario 3ds,Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, FF Type-0,LoH:Trails of Blue
#34FoofyheadPosted 8/23/2011 10:18:59 AM
I think it matters who publishes a game.

Look at all the games that Nintendo doesn't develop............and yet they are still Nintendo games.

All sorts of Zelda games, and Metroid. Just to name a few.
---
Beware the moors.
And stay on the road.
#35Megaman OmegaPosted 8/24/2011 3:31:14 AM
Foofyhead posted...
I think it matters who publishes a game.

Look at all the games that Nintendo doesn't develop............and yet they are still Nintendo games.

All sorts of Zelda games, and Metroid. Just to name a few.

This. Nintnedo has 4712 employees, according to wikipedia. Out of these, maybe half of them are developing games, i really can't estimate on the percentage. What i'm saying is, they can't work on dozens of games at the same time because don't have enough people for that, so it's just logical that they're having second and third parties working with their IPs.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle