How to check your 3DS' Ambassador eligibility

#11shadetail1Posted 8/19/2011 6:47:49 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp?menu=how&submenu=ctr-ht-amb-lookup

Lots of people are saying the ambassador check site is broken. No it isn't, but the on-screen instructions are slightly goofed.

The serial number you type in needs to start with the letters CW. But contrary to the current on-screen instructions, do *NOT* include the number inside the box. So after the letters CW, you should only have eight numbers, rather than nine numbers.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#2BurgerTime79Posted 8/19/2011 6:51:31 PM
We have a ton of topics about this already, and yes, it is broken.
Following the CW with 8 random numbers has been giving people the ambassador message. 9 numbers doesn't no matter what.
---
We need NO 3rd party characters in the upcoming Smash Bros!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=256817
#3jayman7Posted 8/19/2011 6:56:24 PM(edited)
Brave Fencer Delano posted...
Following the CW with 8 random numbers has been giving people the ambassador message.

Because there's only one eligible serial number out there, amirite? I just tried "CW00000000" and it said "undetermined". Imagine that.

9 numbers doesn't no matter what.

Right, because that's a mistake in the instructions. There shouldn't be 9 digits.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4Mariofan15Posted 8/19/2011 6:52:48 PM
Following the CW with 8 random numbers has been giving people the ambassador message. 9 numbers doesn't no matter what.

No,it isnt.
---
Pokemon White:4728-0143-8299
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#51shadetail1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 6:56:40 PM
No, it is not broken, because it works *if you use it correctly*.

The problem is, the on-screen instructions do not tell you how to use it correctly. They say include the number in the box, but you aren't supposed to do that.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#6BurgerTime79Posted 8/19/2011 6:59:52 PM(edited)
Geez.

I doubt people are putting in random numbers and getting someone else's serial correct each time. I NEVER said there was only one eligible serial number. And yes, I know there shouldn't be 9 digits. That's why I said 9 numbers won't work.
The incorrect instructions aren't the "broken" part. What people are saying they're able to do is the part that's broken.

Ok, can anyone answer me this? Has Nintendo officially announced the website? Seems to me that everyone is finding it before they made the official announcement.
---
We need NO 3rd party characters in the upcoming Smash Bros!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=256817
#7jayman7Posted 8/19/2011 7:10:37 PM(edited)
I put in some random 8-digit numbers and they didn't work. I saw one post who only changed the last digit of his serial number BY ONE and thought it didn't work because it said it was valid, but, um... that's not random, now, is it? Would it really be so surprising if the serial numbers were consecutive?

Ok, can anyone answer me this? Has Nintendo officially announced the website? Seems to me that everyone is finding it before they made the official announcement.

They didn't "announce" it per se, but if you go to nintendo.com, click on the "3DS Ambassador" thing, and click on the question "How to" -> "How to Determine if You Are a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador". There ya go.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8KayubePosted 8/19/2011 7:09:47 PM
They also posted a link to it on Facebook, so yeah, it's been announced.
---
https://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
#9LightHawKnightPosted 8/19/2011 7:10:23 PM
Why was there a need for another one of these topics?!!??!?!?!??!

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#10Magic_KirbyPosted 8/19/2011 7:12:18 PM
no but only because I didn't get the website till i saw this topic, glad to have proof that i am one though
---

You've made a fatal ERROR in mocking a mod.